Mpd s400 kit

hunter_6.7

Reaction score
New to the forum here, I have been lurking around reading for a while and haven’t seen much on this kit. I’m interested in one of these kits and running a s467 on stock 2015 cp4. I have a friend with the BD s467.7 kit on his stock 2012 cp4 and has had no problems yet. Just not wanting it to be to much on my bottom end. I think with the right tuning the cp4 would be fine but any insight would be helpful! I like the idea of this kit because later it’s easy to swap to a bigger charger.

97stoker350

Reaction score
they are fairly new... check out my thread about the no limit precision kit. i think youd be happier with that in terms of all around performance. better spool up (64 spools as good as my stock 13 charger) and they offer a precision 68mm as well. of course the s400 kit is very diverse, based on what you said you would be better suited to the precision kit or mpds budget kit...

Black AOD

Reaction score
they are fairly new... check out my thread about the no limit precision kit. i think youd be happier with that in terms of all around performance. better spool up (64 spools as good as my stock 13 charger) and they offer a precision 68mm as well. of course the s400 kit is very diverse, based on what you said you would be better suited to the precision kit or mpds budget kit...

:whs:

I think as a single, a small-mid sized (62-68mm) ball bearing non VGT or a modified VGT is the way to go.

I think S400's have their places but they work best in compounded applications like the route I went with it.

hunter_6.7

Reaction score
Yeah after doing more research I’m thinking is going to be more then I can afford, started thinking with that I’m going to need traction’s bars more then I already do and the trans would be soon after. Don’t really have the money to do all that plus I’d also like a intercooler to. I ordered a set of pmf bars today, turbo is definitely on the list next. Probably will just get the budget kit or no limit precision. But man a s400 frame would just be different and they sound cool as hell.

hunter_6.7

Reaction score
OP,

go watch (link's below) my good buddies old 2012 6.7 KR truck with a PTE 6870, a built motor and trans, twin pumps and 15% injectors. You cant tell me that turbo setup with some fuel isn't just nasty.

Okay yeah that’s damn cool, Seems like I’m probably going this route afterall

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
OP,

go watch (link's below) my good buddies old 2012 6.7 KR truck with a PTE 6870, a built motor and trans, twin pumps and 15% injectors. You cant tell me that turbo setup with some fuel isn't just nasty.

Do it. You won't regret it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score

6870 and baby injectors. This was a .84 housing and spooled fine. Stock rods you could get a bigger housing so it doesn't hit so hard down low. The GPZ clutches lasted until like 120k miles and finally gave out. New owner is planning on 100%s and 84mm atmo setup to actually push it for what its built for.

https://youtu.be/nUSSFxBpeSI

hunter_6.7

Reaction score
6870 and baby injectors. This was a .84 housing and spooled fine. Stock rods you could get a bigger housing so it doesn't hit so hard down low. The GPZ clutches lasted until like 120k miles and finally gave out. New owner is planning on 100%s and 84mm atmo setup to actually push it for what its built for.

I want a built motor/trans bad, it’s just so expensive to do much to these 6.7’s I’ve had mine for 4 years now and am finally getting around to do more to it

psduser1

Reaction score

Thats a loooot of blue/white smoke. Is there something going on there?
Not knowing anything about this build other than what's been posted, just curious.

hunter_6.7

Reaction score

Where did you get that 68/70 kit from? I know no limit makes a precision kit now just didn’t
know if there was others out there

Black AOD

Reaction score
Where did you get that 68/70 kit from? I know no limit makes a precision kit now just didn’t
know if there was others out there

His kit was an OG elite diesel kit precision turbo kit, it's long gone since Elite closed doors.

The precision options now are the No Limit kit or you could use an H&S non VGT kit and use a 6266 or 6466 or a 6870 and weld a 90* turn on the compressor housing to make it work on their kit.

hunter_6.7

Reaction score
I just need to decide on something and pull the trigger, I was on the modified vgt thought for a while, then s400, now non vgt setups and last night I started reading on compound kits. I’m going to go nuts if I don’t just decide quick ��

Reaction score
I just need to decide on something and pull the trigger, I was on the modified vgt thought for a while, then s400, now non vgt setups and last night I started reading on compound kits. I’m going to go nuts if I don’t just decide quick ��
Just a heads up, I ran a stock 15 charger on spray, Midwest's s400 kit with a 472, and then a used ap68. Stock bottom end 15 with just basic used duel fueler kit, and a used 10mm sportsman pump and a ghetto fuel cooler. Funnest setup was definitely the 10mm fuel pump and the modded vgt. Followed by the stock vgt. S472 was fun only wide open throttle

Latest posts

Members online