obd2 splitter question?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
don't know much about either set of guages.

why do you want to run both??

isn't one enough??

or does one moniter something the other doesn't

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I know the mini Maxx moniters pretty much everyting you'd want to moniter. But the CTS is much bigger and nicer for viewing those things.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Gman1 used a splitter to run a SCT and a DD. I am seriously considering doing a DD with a MM. It should work, but I don't know anyone who has tried it yet.

gman1

Reaction score
I run 2 dash daqs on a OBD 2 spliter. Works great. Once in a while one wont read all the parameters so I shut it down and restart it and all is well. The reason I did this is I hate changing screens on the fly and I hate to miss any info.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
My pos livewire monitors everything that needs monitoring, my eyes would go crossed trying to watch two monitors

gman1

Reaction score
My pos livewire monitors everything that needs monitoring, my eyes would go crossed trying to watch two monitors

Once you get used to it and know what is what it is actually nice. No swapping between screens. I use Dustins setup to monitor the LP turbo boost which is a nice feature.
102805[/ATTACH]"]
DD004.jpg

Attachments

• DD004.jpg
    DD004.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 21

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
don't know much about either set of guages.

why do you want to run both??

isn't one enough??

or does one moniter something the other doesn't

The cts I am using as gauges. And it is much bigger then the mini maxx. The plan is having the cts on the crs mount above far side driver air vent and im going to mount the minimax on a shift column pod

FordPSD64

Reaction score
Once you get used to it and know what is what it is actually nice. No swapping between screens. I use Dustins setup to monitor the LP turbo boost which is a nice feature.
[ATTACH=full]102820[/ATTACH]

That's pretty cool. Idk that I could have them stacked like that. It would bother me. But it's a cool idea. I didn't even know they made splitters that you could run to screens off of. I wish there was better mounts for the dd. I have the edge one from Rudy's but I don't care for it.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I run 2 dash daqs on a OBD 2 spliter. Works great. Once in a while one wont read all the parameters so I shut it down and restart it and all is well. The reason I did this is I hate changing screens on the fly and I hate to miss any info.

My bad. I thought it was a SCT and DD.

B585Ford

Reaction score
The cts I am using as gauges. And it is much bigger then the mini maxx. The plan is having the cts on the crs mount above far side driver air vent and im going to mount the minimax on a shift column pod

Can you monitor EBP with the CTS? I am pretty sure in the beginning you couldn't, but haven't heard if they had been updated?

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Well after seeing Gmans setup I decided to order a splitter, it was only $10 so I figured what the hell. My reason is I had a CTS Insight that I have a pyro for and just bought a black maxx for MCC ability and figured I'd rather pay $10 than $100 for the pyro. This is on my Cummins by the way. Hopefully it works good!

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Any updates on this? I asked the same question a long time ago. After doing some research others said it wouldnt work so I accepted it. It looks like thwy were wrong?

Let him bear the palm who has won it

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I tried using a splitter for my Mini Maxx and DD and did not have very good luck. Mini wouldnt monitor some stuff, and the DD was slow as hell. It was awhile ago and maybe the splitter I used was not of the highest quaity, but it was a brand new one off ebay. I might try it again, heck they are cheap enough to give it another try because I would love to have both running.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I will let you know again at the end of the week, I ended up putting a Spartan in the particular truck I was talking about so I didn't need to use the cts. but putting a livewire in it now for custom tunes and maybe using my cts not sure yet. if so will have to use splitter

its a cheap ebay one btw

Zmann

Reaction score
Any updates on this? I asked the same question a long time ago. After doing some research others said it wouldnt work so I accepted it. It looks like thwy were wrong?
i don't think they were wrong I think the only reason it works for this vehicle is because it's 2 like devices so no conflicts is my guess

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Yeah good point. I was interested in running the minimax and dashdaq at the same time. Still have the shift on the fly, monitor more gauges, and data logging. It isnt a big deal. I like the Spartan gauges better, but H&S tuning better.

Let him bear the palm who has won it

Tonka350

Reaction score
For those of you that this worked for where did you get your splitter? I am looking at running torque pro and my CS for guages but can't unplug my CS bc it has my tuning for my injectors also....

Chad

3brorce

Reaction score
Be nice if they came out with a pass through like socal is with csp5 switches.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.