single turbo build

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Just an update I got my single turbo kit from MPD, looks like a solid kit.. install so far has been easy... I'm doing it with the cab on the truck.... Heres the parts list
MPD single turbo kit which includes
6.0 manifolds, custom up pipes, and down pipe...

ARP head studs
Elite 60hp Nozzels
Ported fuel rails
Fuel bowl delete
3/4" suction tube and 3/4 line to airdog 165
10an to hpfp
8an return with single pass cooler
Ported intake by gogo diesel
AFE stage 2 intake
Intake elbow and old side pipe
5" strait pipe
Built trans

Truck is sitting on 37x22s with stock gearing so I will let you know how much "driveability" I lose... My guess is not much... I'll keep ya updated.. any suggestions on tuners? I have a sct maybe innovative?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Just an update I got my single turbo kit from MPD, looks like a solid kit.. install so far has been easy... I'm doing it with the cab on the truck.... Heres the parts list
MPD single turbo kit which includes
6.0 manifolds, custom up pipes, and down pipe...

ARP head studs
Elite 60hp Nozzels
Ported fuel rails
Fuel bowl delete
3/4" suction tube and 3/4 line to airdog 165
10an to hpfp
8an return with single pass cooler
Ported intake by gogo diesel
AFE stage 2 intake
Intake elbow and old side pipe
5" strait pipe
Built trans

Truck is sitting on 37x22s with stock gearing so I will let you know how much "driveability" I lose... My guess is not much... I'll keep ya updated.. any suggestions on tuners? I have a sct maybe innovative?

DUHHHH..

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Ya.... I called IDP.. and the guys trying to sell me just there performance tunes... And they don't need a list of my performance parts or care its a single turbo... That seems odd to me

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
10an for a feed line is over kill and good luck fittiting it under the heat shield. Also what are you doing for a hpfp? Stock?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
10an for a feed line is over kill and good luck fittiting it under the heat shield. Also what are you doing for a hpfp? Stock?

My fuel lines are going route to the back unlike the stock ones that route to the front.. and my up pipe and turbo is completely different then stock so I'm not to worried about modifying the heat shield.... Hpfp is staying stock for now.... Update is exhaust manifolds are on and the up pipes are in the process of being mounted... Already have the headstuds abd nozzels installed.... Waiting for my fuel rails and intake manifold still..... Hoping by this weekend..

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I don't think you will see any issues with running the HPFP. I believe Craig is running 60's with the stock HPFP, ported fuel rails, and the Air Dog pumping direct. He told me he was able to maintain 24,500 psi of rail pressure with Eric's big tune.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I don't think you will see any issues with running the HPFP. I believe Craig is running 60's with the stock HPFP, ported fuel rails, and the Air Dog pumping direct. He told me he was able to maintain 24,500 psi of rail pressure with Eric's big tune.

Good to know thanks

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Up pipes are on... Calling it quits for the day.. the holes to mount the turbo to the pedestal were just a hair to small so i have to pull them off and redrill them... I'm thinking MPD might of drilled the holes before welding the flang up and the hole got off a little... All in all still very pleased with the quality of this kit... The welds are solid big.props to Craig's welding skills

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Ya.... I called IDP.. and the guys trying to sell me just there performance tunes... And they don't need a list of my performance parts or care its a single turbo... That seems odd to me

The new updated tunes and firmware have adjustments for these features.. Going to a single all you are going to need is later lock up adjustments for the tranny and his new tranny setting has this.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Uppipes and turbo were mounted... I took them off to exhaust wrap the up pipes... Hoping it will help with spool up.... Also got my fuel line routed and in the process of remounting my AIG dog... Still waiting for parts so I've been takin my sweet ass time ....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Uppipes and turbo were mounted... I took them off to exhaust wrap the up pipes... Hoping it will help with spool up.... Also got my fuel line routed and in the process of remounting my AIG dog... Still waiting for parts so I've been takin my sweet ass time ....

Don't wrap them not worth it.

Sent from my DROIDX

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Don't wrap them not worth it.

Sent from my DROIDX

Ok do you think it would be worth it to wrap the section over the hpfp tokeep the heat off it... I know when I wrap my snowmobile pipes i can almost gold my hand on the pipe when its running....

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Still waiting on fuel rails and intake manifold... Trucks pretty much back together.... I put a 3/4 suction tube in the tank... When I was drilling the sending unit flang for the bigger tube it slipped in the vice and cut the f outta my hand, other th
Code:
en that everything is going smooth. Kinda kicking myself for not getting the 475 but ohwell maybe later..

oneturboforme

Reaction score
here are some pics... i hoefully will beable to start my truck today... waiting on one part from my ford dealer then i should beable to turn the key... any questions just ask.. i will be uploading vids asap.. thanks oh and that manifold is by direct injection performance (go go diesel) it is a QUALITY peice... i wish i would of gotten pics of how much sludge was in my factory manifold

Attachments

• DSCF0218.jpg
    DSCF0218.jpg
    776.6 KB · Views: 520
  • DSCF0223.jpg
    DSCF0223.jpg
    789.3 KB · Views: 449
  • DSCF0230.jpg
    DSCF0230.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 421
  • DSCF0233.jpg
    DSCF0233.jpg