08 mirrors

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Looking at a set of 08 mirrors just for a change of appearance. Wouldn't mind a few pics, I think I'm gonna do the ptm cap if I do them.

One question my truck is an xl so no power provisions, however I wouldn't mind having the signal lights on the side ? Can you get them without the heated option ? I don't know how hard that would be to install.

And where are you guys getting them ?

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
I bought mine off a guy who works at ford, but you can get OEM ones off ebay far a fair price. My understanding is you can get them in
XL; manual, no lights, no heat.
XLT; lights, heat, power adjust.
Power Fold, power telescope, lights, heat, power adjust
Why wouldn’t you want the heated option you’re in B.C. right? I loved the heated mirrors in Alaska. As for difficulty wiring, it’s not that bad. You will have to get a switch panel for your doors, run power to it and the heat, than run a couple of wires under the dash for the running lights and signals.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
As in switch in the door you mean convert to power windows/locks ?

Im just not confident in wiring. I was thinking just signal lights as I could tap into the turn signals already and would just have a few wires.

Im not sure on what to add or where for the heated part or power adjust. Things could start getting costly and over my head in the wiring schematics if I have to add in alot of stuff.

Dont get me wrong Id love to but, dont know if Im up for the challenge. To do this a donor truck would be my best bet for the panels and window motors etc.

I was looking around and found koolvue and a few other non oem names at a reasonable price. 250 for a set of xls and 350 for xlts.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Let me know where you get these if you get a fair price. Everything I found is in the 5-800 dollar range. *** that...

Like you said, I'd like the turn signal but I don't need the power heat and all that crap.

And when you say PTM cap, where could I get these? I know a few that have just hand painted them but If I could buy them paint matched it would be much better IMO.

Keanoknick

Reaction score
If you get the ones with turn signals, they will be heated. The heat is easy to wire up, just provide a +12v source, and ground. From the factory the heat is always on if the truck is on, you could wire them like that with a relay off of an accessory switched circuit, or you could just wire them in with a switch so you can control when the heat is on or not.

As far as the wiring for power mirror adjustments, I have no clue, but I'm sure it wouldn't be to difficult. And you wouldn't have to upgrade to power windows and locks to do it, but you could if you wanted.

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
You wouldn’t need a donor vehicle, all you’ll need is the armrest switch panel. If you don’t plan on upgrading to power windows you can pull the mirror adjust joystick and cut your XL to except it, or install the XLT panel and have dummy switches there. You’ll need a 12v key on power supply(fused) to the joystick, you can run the heat off that same supply. And the marker lights would be tapped into under the dash. I will have to look for the schematic on my computer but it is not difficult. You will have to invest into good quality wire crimpers, terminals, and shrink tube. Do a little research on automotive wiring so you will understand how it’s done. Electrical isn’t black magic, it just takes some time to study to understand how it works.

Let me know where you get these if you get a fair price. Everything I found is in the 5-800 dollar range. *** that...

Like you said, I'd like the turn signal but I don't need the power heat and all that crap.

And when you say PTM cap, where could I get these? I know a few that have just hand painted them but If I could buy them paint matched it would be much better IMO.

I think I paid $450 +/- for mine. That’s just what they cost. $400-450 is a good price for OEM mirrors. The power fold/telescope is much more. Heat is fantastic in cold weather for ice and condisation. 60 seconds of power on and your mirrors are perfectly clear.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Can you adjust the XLT ones manually. Say if I didnt install the joystick.

The price is a deciding factor as well. 300 for the xls and almost double for the xlts.

Wojo

Reaction score
truck champ has the XLT ones with Chrome and PTM caps for around 350 shipped if you use the code PC33 for a 10% off discount. they also offer free shipping to. i bought mine from them and there Great. what i like even better is if i have any problems with the caps or glass it uses OEM ford parts as replacements, lights, caps, glass, etc. its awsome. they are NOT power fold or Telescope

http://www.truckchamp.com/products/...008/make=FORD/model=F%2d250-SUPER-DUTY-PICKUP

chappy

Reaction score
Not the best pic but here is one. I can get what ever angles you want if you want. I put one coat of nite shade on so it wasn't so damn bright of an amber color. just looked out of place.
101_1083-3.jpg

Last edited:

skew12

Reaction score
Not the best pic but here is one. I can get what ever angles you want if you want. I put one coat of nite shade on so it wasn't so damn bright of an amber color. just looked out of place.
101_1083-3.jpg

Great looking truck!

I've wanted a set of these since I've owned my truck. I think it's time to buy myself a Xmas present.

BigBlue

Reaction score
I ordered a set of mirrors from 1A Auto for around 380 something this week, should be here tomorrow. Heated and power, however they aren't PF PT.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
380 for the pair ? That's good. Does 1a make their mirros a little bigger than stock ? Some aftermarket company makes those 08 mirrors a little bigger. I think by a inch or so.

BigBlue

Reaction score
I'm not sure on the sizing actually. That is interesting. I will have to compare them to my buddy's 08 6.4 when they come in. I heard they were pretty good quality so I went ahead and ordered them. There's a thread or two on here about them

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I'm not sure on the sizing actually. That is interesting. I will have to compare them to my buddy's 08 6.4 when they come in. I heard they were pretty good quality so I went ahead and ordered them. There's a thread or two on here about them

I'm not a hundred percent sure which brand. But the ad on the internet actually says they are bigger. I would rather have the stock size. But if someone was towing they might want those bigger ones. I'll go look for the link.

Latest posts

Members online