2012 F250 Instrument Cluster Display

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I seem to have an issue.. Some sort of glitch popped up on my display this morning.. Here is a pic.. Any help is greatly appreciated..

nuve4ahu.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
never seen that. i have heard that a flash can fix broken monitors like that, maybe you need to call the dealer?

pog

Reaction score
maybe try disconnecting the batteries? thinking out loud here.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Unplug the cluster and plug back in. That kinda data is sent via zeros and ones. There is probably a connection issue. Same as a lcd computer monitor.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Unplug the cluster and plug back in. That kinda data is sent via zeros and ones. There is probably a connection issue. Same as a lcd computer monitor.

Okay..do you by any chance know why would have started doing it all of a sudden?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
There are several possibilities as of "why" one is just a pin that built a oxidized film on it. Sometimes a simple reboot is the best fix. But for whatever reason a minor fault in connection confuses the data being sent in and stays lost of you will until it's reset. In other words. Idunno lol.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I left the truck with the batteries unhooked for the night... I'll give it a check tomorrow. Everyone cross fingers that it was just a bad signal and is cleared now. Morgan had a good suggestion that it could be a ground somewhere.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Do a simple resistance check. Negative battery terminal to engine block. (.2ohms )

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
You blew the pixels off the screen when you hit the throttle.

Seriously though, I would try everything mentioned. Does it happen no matter what's on the screen?

Chris

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Everything is working perfectly today. Must have been a corrupt signal that got reset when I unhooked the batteries. Thank Guys!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
A film on the battery terminal can cause this issue. The DC current isn't very smooth. A starter doesn't need a smooth current. However the electronics do. The alternator is a choppy ugly current and batteries filter that out for the PCM. Same reason it's NOT wise to power a pcm on a battery charger. When I flash a caterpillar ecm on the bench I use a battery charger through a battery. It's a must.

Glad you got it fixed!

12stroker

Reaction score
Mine acted funny the other day Kaleb. My gauges were acting funny and I didn't have cruise control either. I went by ford today and they put me two new batteries.

Latest posts

Members online