comp 910 question.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Update. Got them installed and the lower seat isn't correct they don't fit at all. I reused the stock seat and put a .015 shim in it to make the stock seat the same height as the comp cams one.

Attachments

• 20140118_172210.jpg
    20140118_172210.jpg
    892.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 20140118_172112.jpg
    20140118_172112.jpg
    859.1 KB · Views: 162

m j

Reaction score
is that using the part numbers DieselBoy posted?
memory fuzzy here on nomenclature...stock seats are the seal as well so the seals remain stock in the beehives?

Reaction score
Update. Got them installed and the lower seat isn't correct they don't fit at all. I reused the stock seat and put a .015 shim in it to make the stock seat the same height as the comp cams one.

what kind of springs are those?? i bought a used set of what i was told where 910's about 4 years ago.. i went to install them this weekend when i realized the top was different.. after reading a bunch of threads with pictures i found my spring and the tops look just like yours??

Last edited:

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
what kind of springs are those?? i bought a used set of what i was told where 910's about 4 years ago.. i went to install them this weekend when i realized the top was different.. after reading a bunch of threads with pictures i found my spring and the tops look just like yours??

There are two types of springs in both pictures above. The 910's and the beehive springs.

Why don't you post some pictures of your springs to help us diagnose.

Reaction score
the motor and parts are at the shop 10 miles away..my springs, head and keepers are identical to the 3 springs on the left...now i need to decide if i want to use them or get 910's;;if i use them i need some spec's to install them...

Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
You need to get yourself a valve spring micrometer and check the installed height. Once you get your installed height, compare that number to the spring's pressure at that height.

There are two different valve spring micrometers: one for regular springs and one for beehives.

Billy T.
[email protected]

gnxtc2

Reaction score
You can use that mic but it's made for regular size springs. The retainer is made to sit on top. The beehive retainer will "fall" in. You need to measure the top lip and add it to the installed height.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Reaction score
bought them from a guy 4 or 5 years ago..advertised as comp springs with 2500 miles on them.. pulled out of an 02 king ranch..guy bought a 6.0 and put his 02 back to stock..i paid 80 bucks..never noticed what they where till today...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.