Dt360 upgrades

jimdawg185

Reaction score
That thing is nasty. Have you done much too it since I drove it. Because it was sick then!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pipewhiner

Reaction score
Nope not a thing. Hard to improve on it for a daily driver tow beast. Just got back from hauling horses all weekend in the 90's without breaking a sweat. I will say NY is starting to take its toll on the sheet metal though.

ja_cain

Reaction score
That thing is just straight bad azz! I can't remember, but do you have compounds? I was just telling my best friend that that is my dream build.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Nope not a thing. Hard to improve on it for a daily driver tow beast. Just got back from hauling horses all weekend in the 90's without breaking a sweat. I will say NY is starting to take its toll on the sheet metal though.
where are you in NY?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

ken6881

Reaction score
Cam is back from bullet. Looks good. Anyone know what factory specs are on a dt360 cam

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
how the hell is that upstate? that's in the lower half of the state.. i have been in syracuse for over a year now.

live life full throttle

Most people north of the mid-Hudson valley consider themselves upstate. Essentially everything, but the city and Long Island lol

ja_cain

Reaction score
Ken, was wondering if you had any new updates on this? Just talked to a buddy of mine and he said his cousins uncle has a bunch of busses on his property (umongst other cool old junk). We are going to go out there this winter with a trailer, some tools and a torch. I'm hoping we can find a couple/few dt360's. I can't remember, but did you look into a serpentine setup? Just wondering what kind of coin it would take to switch over.

ken6881

Reaction score
I picked up a dt466 balancer but decided to go v belt. It really wasn't going to be that expensive to go ether way if you know a Machinist to make a spacer for the dt466 dampener. But for 60$ a company converted my powerstroke ac compressor to v belt.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ken, was wondering if you had any new updates on this? Just talked to a buddy of mine and he said his cousins uncle has a bunch of busses on his property (umongst other cool old junk). We are going to go out there this winter with a trailer, some tools and a torch. I'm hoping we can find a couple/few dt360's. I can't remember, but did you look into a serpentine setup? Just wondering what kind of coin it would take to switch over.

most school busses where 444s. might get lucky though.

live life full throttle

ja_cain

Reaction score
most school busses where 444s. might get lucky though.

live life full throttle

I know. I'm hoping I do get lucky. Some spare forged rod 7.3's would be cool too.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Ken, how's that cam working out for you?

Also, does anyone have any leads on where you can get better valve springs and pushrods for these motors?

Also need an oil cooler rebuild kit, seem to be extinct tho.

I will start my own build thread later on, but I've got a motor and am just trying to rebuild it before anything else happens.

ken6881

Reaction score
Cam sounds and runs good kids and work have pushed the project to back burner. I need to get the ppump on it and injectors to see what it will do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.