06 f350 oil cooler

Diesel625

Reaction score
Bought an 06 cc 4x4 dually a few months ago to use as my welding truck. I got tired of tearing up my new truck down the road I've been driving for the past 1.5 yrs. anyhow, my deltas are a bit on the high side, so I've decided to go ahead and swap the cooler. I am also doing an Egr ******, and clean the turbo. Also, I did go ahead and buy the updated turbo lines, hpop install kit with stc fitting, and am doing a few other unrelated things while I have it torn down. I've flushed it 4x with distilled water and am going to use the fleet guard restore on the final flush as well. I will be filling it with cat ec-1 coolant. Is there anything else I need to do to it while I'm in there? Other things I have already done to it are the blue spring upgrade, new fan clutch, motorcraft fuel and oil filters, Mobil 1 5w-40, new intercooler tubes as the cold side had a crack, and the ac compressor that seized up on me.

Diesel625

Reaction score
Got it done today. Ford oil cooler, egr ****** kit, cleaned turbo, upgraded the turbo supply and return lines, cleaned intake, made a few wiring repairs and had it running in 6hrs. Not too bad for the first time. Deltas run at 5-7 degrees and my fan clutch finally cycles as it should.

Diesel625

Reaction score
It was staying on almost continuously. I'm thinking it was from the egr being so dirty.

Latest posts

Members online