• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

2007 Harley Davidson Shorty

Boorail85

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking to move my Shorty. Most of you probably have seen it on here before, with a previous owner who wasn't highly thought of from what I can tell. I got the truck from a car lot in Midland, Tx from the person who bought it from that owner. It is located now in Lubbock, Tx

This truck is 100% factory Harley Davidson swap. Minus the rear window, as the regulator went out so I replaced it with a solid back glass. Also, I am unsure if they actually swapped the door ajar switches or not, because neither work. Interior is in fantastic shape. There is some bed side damage, as seen in pictures. I have had it at 3 different body shops and all have quoted 1400-1600 for repair. And because I live in West Texas, it could benefit from a good Buff job, however the paint is still in great shape.

Currently the truck is in very good running and driving condition. I drive it 3-4 days a week and have been getting 16mpg in town and 22-23 on the highway. All maintenance is up to date as well. I have owned it for close to a year I believe, and had big plans for it. Things have now changed, and one of my vehicles needs to go because its time for a new house. Current mileage is 49xxx, and the title is Clean. It is vin'd as a 2007 XLT with full options, so the NADA is 18k+. There is a small loan against the title, but it is kept in town at a local credit union and can be retrieved at the time of payoff.

Current modifications are:
4" exhaust
S&B intake
e.g.r. system is g.o.n.e.
upgraded oil rail plugs and stand pipes
3 tunes from IDP on a Xcal2
DJM rear lowering shackles and hangers
LED tails
Pioneer headunit
Alpine speakers all around
RF amp
Hard bed cover (that does well at covering the worst part of the damage)

It will need rear tires before long, and i believe the turbo will need a rebuild/replacement/upgrade soon also. Runs great, but it does have a little smoke from time to time, and when I upgraded the oil plugs, It felt as if the turbo had a little play.

IMAG1197_zpsh7tmzhih.jpg

IMAG1198_zpsmrrmz5l0.jpg

IMAG1203_zpsq2xo0exi.jpg

IMAG1199_zpsqdvmfuxc.jpg

IMAG1205_zpsk2yqrqxf.jpg

IMAG1202_zpsweazw4bb.jpg

IMAG1206_zpszvpcakie.jpg

IMAG1195_zpslmdvc79z.jpg

IMAG1193_zpsmki5dcvx.jpg

IMAG1192_zpszfntabv9.jpg

IMAG1190_zpsavrzy1c9.jpg

Price is $24000. I am open to talks with serious buyers, but I feel it is priced well for what it is, and I will not deal with low ball offers. If you are interested, please send me a private message. I can take more pics or vids for you, and can discuss anything needed.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
Hah made it out to Lubbock did it. The truck has gotten around a few times since it was found out east of DFW parked beside a barn with a twisted up drive shaft and cracked trans case.

Good luck with the sale! It seems to have been a fairly well done shorty conversion when I looked over it last.

Boorail85

Reaction score
Hah made it out to Lubbock did it. The truck has gotten around a few times since it was found out east of DFW parked beside a barn with a twisted up drive shaft and cracked trans case.

Good luck with the sale! It seems to have been a fairly well done shorty conversion when I looked over it last.

I figured it had something like that happen. The driveshaft looks new in it, and there is a receipt for a trans replacement. One section of exhaust was dented too, so I replaced that section.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
Yep. A shop over in McKinney did the driveshaft I think last year? I forget if it was 2015 or 2016 it got drug back here. He buys and sells so many Super Duties I can't keep track of them all. Another shop in McKinney did the trans swap. The trans case was cracked from the driveshaft twisting up so what's in it now is a good used trans that got picked up to put in it.

Boorail85

Reaction score
Yep. A shop over in McKinney did the driveshaft I think last year? I forget if it was 2015 or 2016 it got drug back here. He buys and sells so many Super Duties I can't keep track of them all. Another shop in McKinney did the trans swap. The trans case was cracked from the driveshaft twisting up so what's in it now is a good used trans that got picked up to put in it.

Must have been 2015. Either way, all has been good with it since I've owned it. Towing and all.

Thanks for the info on it

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
If you havent sold it yet price is probably on the high side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Also this truck has been around quite a bit the last few years on here for sale so might be scaring some guys away. Makes you wonder why it keeps changing hands.

Boorail85

Reaction score
$21500

Also, I tried to edit this into the original post, but I can't seem to figure it out. So, I'd like to touch on a couple things that have been mentioned.

1. When and why I bought the truck...

I helped an old employer with his shorty and I knew I had to have one. I did not want a base truck though, so I was extremely interested when I originally saw it posted in Dallas Craigslist roughly 18 months ago, about the time it was last listed on here as well. Couldn't make a deal with the seller, and He sold it to a Used lot owner in Midland, Tx. I saw it a few months later and was able to make a deal on it at that time.

2. Why I am wanting to sell...
I had big plans for this truck when I bought it, but work took a dive last year. Now work is a little better, but I also have a heavily modified 2003 cobra that I race frequently, so it takes precedence. Mix that with the fact that I will be looking at a new house by the years end, and I have a crew cab F150 as a daily, I just don't have a place for this truck at this time.

Also, Carfax results:

Screenshot_20170522-121017_zpseqlkblwj.png

Screenshot_20170522-121030_zps2ysrjyqv.png

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Just to clarify I wasn't trying to say you were doing something shady. Just want to make sure that was clear.

Just giving a little outside perspective.

Boorail85

Reaction score
Just to clarify I wasn't trying to say you were doing something shady. Just want to make sure that was clear.

Just giving a little outside perspective.

No worries, I didn't take it negatively. I appreciate the insight and letting me know of a potential buyer worry.

Latest posts

Members online