Oil everywhere!!

OldButSexy44

Reaction score
Just installed my new set of injectors in my 94 psd and first start up was rough to be expected but after she started and idled for about 15min she was running good. Everything seemed good to go so I took it out for a test drive and was running great, about 20min into the drive I noticed a burning oil smell and white smoke and all of a sudden my oil pressure gauge dropped to zero. So I freaked out and immediately shut the truck off got out and oil was everywhere. Seemed like all the oil from the engine was on the ground, also on top of the engine and splattered on the underside of the hood. Have no idea what happens or where it could be coming from and such a mess. Need help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Clean it and figure out where it's coming from. Simple green and a garden hose. No one can tell you anything until you have a location of where the oil is coming from.

OldButSexy44

Reaction score
In the process of cleaning it up, gonna take awhile with the amount the went everywhere. I was thinking maybe a hpop line but wouldn't that starve the injectors and shut the truck off? Mine was still running after I lost all oil pressure and I shut it off with the key.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Depends on how big the leak is. Could be a pin hole but oil is going to fly out of that hose at 3000 psi and go everywhere

OldButSexy44

Reaction score
Okay I'll keep looking, should I have to worry about the engine being hurt with the amount of oil that was lost. I was at 0psi for about 20 or 30 seconds before I could turn the engine off.

rusty1161

Reaction score
You are fine. These engines run out of oil and shut down before any damage occurs. Your oil pressure gauge is really a switch, that goes to "zero" when that switch trips.

Rusty

OldButSexy44

Reaction score
I have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge, And also after I got the new injectors installed and the initial start up I noticed some raw oil coming out of tail pipe. I thought it was just oil left in the cylinders from he injector swap being blown out the exhaust valves and out the tail pipe. Is that normal after a injector swap or could that be part of the problem..

freddie

Reaction score
I had a plug on the back of my HPOP back out, it did the same thing. Oil EVERYWHERE.

Latest posts

Members online