Getting the goodies put back on...

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Since I need stability to be hauling and space for new 37" tires I needed to put all my stuff back on the new '16. So today, I got on it.

1st up was the rear suspension (traction bars, airbags, shocks, etc) but as I crawled under, the running boards were hitting me so they came off first. Anyone want a set? like new :)

Traction bars, installed
Airbags, installed, though still have to do the wiring
Rear shocks, installed
Fuel tank, out
Paint Titan Straps black
Sanded all the rusty stuff under the truck in prep for paint. IDK why Ford doesn't paint this stuff :shakeshead:

Today
Paint all that rusty stuff.
Shift the cab back as far as possible
Put the 50 gal tank in
Leveling kit and all it entails
Front shocks
Amp steps

That ought to be a good start anyway.

Pic is stock tank vs Titan 50 gal. What a difference, huh?

Attachments

• 20170607_153219_resized.jpg
    20170607_153219_resized.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Any chance you are going to be hauling out of Goshen? If so I'll take you up on the running boards. Truck I bought has cheap after market ones and they drive me crazy.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Sure am! Would be happy to haul them up there. What's a fair price for them? I don't even know.

All is going well, going really fast, I think I'll finish up today :D

Brian22

Reaction score
Sure am! Would be happy to haul them up there. What's a fair price for them? I don't even know.

All is going well, going really fast, I think I'll finish up today :D
Chrome oval shaped? About $200 in good condition. Rectangle tube $250 and the black ones are $250-300.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Got it mostly done. Still have to do the skirt under the radiator, but need the special push pins.

Waiting on the paintshop to finish painting the flairs. I need to remake the mud flaps so they go to w/in 6" of the ground and mount the flairs. Get some fire extinguishers and mount them.

But in two days (17hrs of work) I got the major stuff done and working. Wifey sees it and says "oh, you go the magic steps on!" LOL, luv wifey.

20170608_140221_resizedLarge.jpg

20170608_191633_1496964569879_resizedLarge.jpg

20170608_191814_1496964572663_resizedLarge.jpg

The steps are off, I'll get a picture, but they come from a '16 Platinum and have seen less than 3,000miles. If you'll meet me whereever it is I end up in the Goshen area I'll do $150 - is that fair?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I tried to get a little more clearance for bigger tires, but only got like 1/4" total. Looks like I'll need to hammer a little on the bottom lip of the fender where the edge of the tire will make contact.

Swampfox

Reaction score
I have a 4.5" carli kit with 35 ridge grapplers and 22x10's and it clears enough for comfort. No way it was working on the leveling kit without excessive trimming. Looks good so far.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I've been running 35" Terra grapplers for 4 years now on a leveling kit. No issues and they are wider than the Ridge grapplers. The only time they come close is when turning the outside edge of the tire almost contacts the bottom of the fender.

My theory is that the 37" Ridges will fit since they are narrower than the Terras by 3/4", I've moved the cab a smidge and will do a little hammering when I put the flairs and mudflaps on.

Bear in mind, my wheels are 10" wide and only have a +10 offset, unlike many with 20-40mm of offset.

We'll see...

If I can get them to fit, I think they'll fill the wheel wells nicely :)

Last edited:

TrickTruck

Reaction score
It has been a LOT of work putting all this stuff back on. Looks good though. Flairs should be done at paint tomorrow so I'll finish up w/ flairs and mudflaps soon. Then more pics...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.