Ultimate X tune?

Extended Power

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this out yet?
Supposed to use the T/H button for locking up the converter from 3rd on up when pushed. Regular Xtreme street, or race lock up when not lit up.
Is that the only difference between the Xtreme, and the Ultimate?

Anyone?

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Eric calls it the "dual shift" option. I like it, nice reserved smooth shifting, or basically a race trans schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colo_dually

Reaction score
Its from ********** Diesel.

I've been running it for a couple of months now. Its definitely a race level tune, I needed more with the new turbo and this exceeded my expectations. What I really like is the dual transmission program feature of this tune. Its a little more than simply shift points and TC lockup.

With T/H disengaged, the truck shifts with remarkably smooth street manners. Kinda similar to X-Street did. Power is smooth, but like most of IDPs files there is a light switch about 1/2 way through the pedal. Engine breaking is pretty mild compared to most fo the files I've driven - which is nice. Mileage is a did get a little better for me, picked up around .5 mpg in town, and around .75 mpg on the interstate.

With T/H engaged, the truck really comes alive. The later shifts and T/C lockup actually load the motor better, and spool the turbo better. I cruise a couple psi higher, though peak is the same with my setup limited by the EBP sensor.

I'm very pleased with this file.

kwelch08

Reaction score
Its from ********** Diesel.

I've been running it for a couple of months now. Its definitely a race level tune, I needed more with the new turbo and this exceeded my expectations. What I really like is the dual transmission program feature of this tune. Its a little more than simply shift points and TC lockup.

With T/H disengaged, the truck shifts with remarkably smooth street manners. Kinda similar to X-Street did. Power is smooth, but like most of IDPs files there is a light switch about 1/2 way through the pedal. Engine breaking is pretty mild compared to most fo the files I've driven - which is nice. Mileage is a did get a little better for me, picked up around .5 mpg in town, and around .75 mpg on the interstate.

With T/H engaged, the truck really comes alive. The later shifts and T/C lockup actually load the motor better, and spool the turbo better. I cruise a couple psi higher, though peak is the same with my setup limited by the EBP sensor.

I'm very pleased with this file.

Thank you I'll have to check it out. Is the ultimate x the step up from the ultimate race or the other way around?

colo_dually

Reaction score
Thank you I'll have to check it out. Is the ultimate x the step up from the ultimate race or the other way around?

Based on what I've read its on par with the Ultimate Race, I think that was the basis for the T/H file. The other haft is written for those who need a something less aggressive in a street tune.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I love having just one tune.
Having the ability to change it with a simple push of a button, is awesome!
I'm in!

Extended Power

Reaction score
So I sent an email with all my details to Eric this morning, waited a couple hours for him/whoever reads the emails to read it, and then called a couple hours later, only to be told to "order it on line".
I go to the website, and look around for it...find it, then I read about it....the description says it's a tow tune, and a race tune, with a push of the tow/haul button.

I don't need a tow tune...or a jake brake...
Injector size only goes to 225...yes I see that you can add everything in the additional information section. Then I saw the price, and pretty much said to myself that if it's only an extra 25-50 horsepower....it's not worth my $240+ Canadian.

Back to just enjoying the fact that I can drive my truck again.

TurboV

Reaction score
Im running the Xtreme X on my van. with 205/100 I have been doing around 775-800 on fuel. Daily Driven 800 miles per week. Been doing great the past few months

Extended Power

Reaction score
Im running the Xtreme X on my van. with 205/100 I have been doing around 775-800 on fuel. Daily Driven 800 miles per week. Been doing great the past few months

Almost 800 on fuel only is pretty hard for me to believe...especially with only 205/100 injectors.
I'm not sure what else to say...unless your using some kind of generous dyno, or reading the spikes as it shifts or something.

Or.....I've been doing it completly wrong since day one on every setup I've ever run.

TurboV

Reaction score
Stock hpop, stock intake manifold, stock trans, stock cam it did 616 with a SXE 363..... Thumper 2, Cam, Odawg S3R, and Charlies turbo really picked it up. I have been on Dans dyno with both setups. Same Injectors. different setups.

TurboV

Reaction score
Wade Webbs Single cab with S467/S488, RCD 300/200, Thumper 2, Stage 3 cam, 4R100 did 830 on dans dyno when i made 793. He has been 11.2 in his CCSB at 120mph with that motor and injectors on a CED 66/80 compound setup. I must be doing something right LOL

Latest posts

Members online