2001 7.3 running issues

buckaru11

Reaction score
I am new here , have had my truck a little over a year ,made a few stupid mistakes that I have paid for. I have a 2001 F-250 SD with the 7.3 ,stock with a TSNC 6 position chip with tunes from Riffraft diesel,my issue is every morning I have to let it "warm up" for about 20 minutes or it will die out a block from my house,will be hard starting,but will start ,and then will have to let it idle for about 15 to 20 minutes before it will run ,after that it will run "fine"for how ever long of a trip I need to take ,as long as I don't go over 75 ,if I do it will die out again and will have to let it idle for about 7 to 8 minutes again and then go as long as I keep it below 75 I am good,I did replace the fuel pump on the frame but that changed nothing,any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my ASUS_T00N using Tapatalk

buckaru11

Reaction score
Here are the codes I get
2b4f5dd1555e9b14ded5043ac30f5b3a.jpg

buckaru11

Reaction score
Was wondering on the p1212 if that could be causing my problem

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Have you checked fuel pressure? I would agree the cps may be part of your issue, as could a leaking icp and a contaminated pigtail. Fuel pressure may also be an issue, and may have filters in the sending unit that are pligged. Also, what kind and weight of oil are you using?

buckaru11

Reaction score
15w40 ,but is due an oil change,and thinking of going to 5w40 synthetic.

buckaru11

Reaction score
Pulled chip ,same,I was afraid of that,if I have to do injectors,any suggestions, it is my daily driver ,so I want some economy ,but I like to have some fun to

Arisley

Reaction score
I would also swap out the CPS (just because). However, just like Golfer said, I think you are looking at injectors. Lots of good companies out there to buy injectors from. Personally, I would use a site sponsor, call up a few of them and talk to them, tell them what your needs, wants and expense account look like. listen to there answers, and go with the one that makes you feel the best.

Latest posts