OBS Motor in A Superduty

strok-n

Reaction score
Looking for advice on what is needed to put an OBS 7.3 into a superduty. Got a screaming deal on a obs motor and now need to get it into my superduty. I do not have another motor at the moment since i sold my built one. Any help would be great.

Thanks

ghohouston

Reaction score
Depends what you have. If the sd has the fuel bowl still, you will have to swap the hpop reservoir. Beyond that, motor mounts, up pipes, turbo and pedestal, POSSIBLY one exhaust manifold, intake plenums, freeze plug in the mechanical fuel pump hole, and all the front bracketry and everything belt driven. Basically take the motor down to heads and front cover/oil pan and swap on all super duty stuff. Use sd harness and sensors. Sd injectors too, unless you have a single shot file on a chip, but then, you have less fuel with the stock obs aa code injectors.

strok-n

Reaction score
I have a regulated return with no fuel bowl. I took off most of the brackets up front. What about water pump

F350-6

Reaction score
Water pump should be fine. Just depends on if you have the one with the bent extension or not, then it's just the matter of using a different hose.

Latest posts

Members online