2004 6.0L with 5r110 issues..??

tippettc

Reaction score
Hey all I have an 04 excursion with around 150k miles on it, well a while back started having charging system issues and then the alternator went out completely. Had the alternator rebuilt with all new parts and installed it.. charging system was back to normal but during all these charging issues transmission started doing that flaring and tow/haul flashing.... then after alternator was installed it continues and is showing solenoid D for a code..... replaced shift solenoid D and no change from what I'm told by my mechanic.... really need some help as my guy has been trying everything he can think of.... is the transmission toast maybe? I appreciate any and all feed back! Thank you.

Decker

Reaction score
When my solenoids went out, few shops told me my clutch pack could be toast also that the valve body could be toast. Not saying that's the issues but it a possibility.

tippettc

Reaction score
Yea we replaced the "bad" solenoid which actually ohm'ed out fine but replaced it anyway... and when we pulled pan the fluid was a little older as I bought it with 120k and hadn't done a tranny flush yet... but the magnet didn't have much of anything on it really.... so now we are at a stand still been that way for a little while....

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
I think you need to rule out an alternator problem causing this. You'll an oscilloscope to do that. Look for an AC ripple in the alternator output. That would indicate a bad diode. I've seen this exact thing happen from a bad diode in an alternator.

Latest posts

Members online