Changing Tire Size Calibration

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
What is the best way to change tire size without causing codes or check engine lights? I read that Forscan can change tire sizes but that too large of a change results in a check engine light. I'm leaning towards Forscan for the ability to change tpms warning baseline settings lower and other cool tweaks but I would like to avoid any codes or CELs.

Does EZ Lynk offer similar capabilities for tpms and tire size? Also do the 17s allow calibrating the speedo for anything larger than a 34.3" tire unlike the 11-16? Any help appreciated before I spend money, thanks

sootie

Reaction score
Not sure on EZ lync. Why not try FORScan...its free and reversible if it doesn't work.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Forscan is going mostly make the truck likely throw a BCM/PCM mismatch code since the PCM isn't going be reprogrammed at the same time with same tire size.

Fast Willy

Reaction score
I'm under the impression that the only real way to properly calibrate for larger tires right now is to have the dealer reflash the pcm?

Jmuck

Reaction score
I use the Hypertech 730125 on all our super duty builds. Plugs in behind the instrument cluster and works perfectly.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
The install take no more than 30 minutes or so. I did it to my BIL new truck saturday. We did an 8 inch and 37s.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Correct we have used this on a truck with 40's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ferris70

Reaction score
Great info here since I just upgraded my truck to 37 and 20" wheels and now the adaptive cruise is inop due to blocked sensor per tehr trucks dash. The dealer is telling me it caused by the lift and tires (lift is a level kit and 35 with 18 where on it from the factory). have you guys seen this on your trucks after you upgraded?
thank you for your advice
ferris

Rodzilla

Reaction score
My first post over here. I used forscan for my 35s, speedo is dead on and it cost me $28 for the USB elm27 interface to obd2 from Amazon. No code thrown, although I heard if you go bigger it will throw a code.
The other upside to forscan is you can change many other things, depending on your trim level. I now have fogs staying on with brights, ability to use NAV inputs while driving, no more double honk when you hop out with key in pocket and truck is running, police mode(truck will not go into drive when truck is running and fob isn't inside), changed TPMS(you can turn completely off), added more buttons and info to instrument cluster and climate/home screens, have power mirrors fold in/out when lock/unlock on fob,,,and there are dozens of other changes you can make. Cheap and easy.

Latest posts

Members online