Anyone had problems with crazy noises coming from the steering wheel?

BasicLarry17

Reaction score
I've only had mine a couple weeks and haven't experienced this yet but my buddy has had his 17 for a couple months and his steering components rattle from under hood felt at the steering wheel when going over small bumps in the road while driving straight. We were googling at work yesterday and ran across 2015 f-150 thread (https://www.f150forum.com/f118/rattle-vibration-steering-2015-a-310844/) with several guys having same issue. Long story short dealerships told most of them they found no issues or claimed adaptive steering(even though some trucks were not equipped with this) but one got the steering gear/motor/module replaced and it solved the problem(see post #85). Not sure if f150 and f250 use same steering parts as we just looked into this last night but now that they share the cab I figured they did. Just thought I'd share the info as it seems could be a common issue.

Hoosierdaddy

Reaction score
Anybody ever get this issue addressed on a new super duty with adaptive steering? My truck now has 5000 miles and still does this, always when turning left. It's only for a split second, but it usually occurs when I'm in a turning lane waiting for a gap to turn left. If I pull the wheel over somewhat quick, it will make a brief noise, almost like a goose honking. It doesn't seem to affect anything, but as my suspension project gets closer, I don't want to have something come up after mods and the dealer have any doubts that it could be from aftermarket tires and suspension.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Mine does not make any noises unless I jam it over to full lock and hold tight. Then it will make a squelch time noise. But that is expected due to full turn to lock.

Platinum as well. Late build 2017, around September/ October, wonder if they made a couple running changes?

Jomax

Reaction score
Mine makes a sound like hydro hiss at full lock. If you open the window, you hear it coming from Under the good, I think it’s the hydro boost pump. I never thought much of it as I assumed it had something to do with the technology of how the steering wheel gets tighter as the speed increases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online