Attempting to fit 14" wide fuel wheels on 35" tires.

Powderhound

Reaction score
Well purchased this truck used from a private party. Like the title says, it has the 14" wide fuel rims and 35" coopers.
Currently has a 1" perch lift, and a 2" coil spacer. That is not enough to keep it from rubbing as you can imagine. On top of a poor way to lift a truck like this. So, given I do like the appearance of the wheels and backspace I'm going to keep them.
For the money, I can purchase a 6" lift for about the same $ as a 4". I believe a 4" lift would fit the wheel setup well right now.
But rubber does wear and I pay possibly like to go to 37's later on.
I'm searching for input and photos if possible of other superduty' switch the 14" wide wheel and the lift size they went with.
Currently I need to do something quick.
I don't have much $ to spend given I dumped it all purchasing this truck.
I will not rig it though. Hoping to spend in the $2,000 mark to get it right.
Currently leaning towards the stage 2 Cognito lift with new coils and fox shocks.
It has a 4.5 lift in the rear. If the front don't clear the tires I figured I could bolt up the 1" perch it is currently sitting on, in conjunction with the cognito lift.
Thoughts?
Pics?
Thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_0553.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
It looks pretty cool. Its probably damn near impossible to get a 14 wide to fit without a 4 or 6" lift which kills the stuffed look it has. If you want 37s, the 6 is the way to go.

Highroller54

Reaction score
I have 7" lift in the front on 20x12 with 37's and it rubs/breaks my flares. I m going up a bit more.

Reaction score
I have 7" lift in the front on 20x12 with 37's and it rubs/breaks my flares. I m going up a bit more.
I have the same wheel (-44mm offset) and tire size combo. Up front is a 7" coil + 1" spacer, still had to cut the hell out of the bumper bracket. Recently installed an aftermarket bumper and nothing rubs lock to lock.

Powderhound

Reaction score
Well think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 4" lift and hope it fits. If not I can always add the 2" coil spacer on top of the new lift coils and that outta get me up high enough for the offset and the 14" wheels. Hope it looks good with just the 4" lift and it fits.
No pics out there with lift and 14" wide wheels?

Reaction score
Well think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 4" lift and hope it fits. If not I can always add the 2" coil spacer on top of the new lift coils and that outta get me up high enough for the offset and the 14" wheels. Hope it looks good with just the 4" lift and it fits.
No pics out there with lift and 14" wide wheels?
IMO if you go 37's later on it will be cause for another thread and more money for suspension changes.

Powderhound

Reaction score
IMO if you go 37's later on it will be cause for another thread and more money for suspension changes.

You are right, if it comes to 37"s I need a different lift and thread concerning that.
Well its here, got the 4" cognito lift in hand. Got the front spring powder coated already and plan on doing the lift myself. I ordered the towing kit that comes with a 1/2" rear take, thinking if I need any additional height to clear the wheels up front, the 1/2" in the rear will look appropriate.
Any tips or tricks any of you can share to make it easier?

Powderhound

Reaction score
Well it turned out great. Cognito 4" Stage 2 tow lift with fox 2.0's.
fits the 35" tires on the 14" wheels perfectly.

IMG_0679_zps2sopbgj0.jpg

IMG_0675_zpsdhlinf3p.jpg

IMG_0678_zps0zu14ujx.jpg

IMG_0671_zpsvwuyloze.jpg

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
i have 325 45 ehich is almost a 36 and 13 wide with 24x14s on a 3' lift with spaced bumper and some trimming and fits perfect and is stuffed lol

HavinAStroke

Reaction score
that looks great! I'm in the same boat (just w/ 20x12)

currently leveled, but I want a little more lift out of it, but nothing too much.

you definitely helped me make my mind up!

Powderhound

Reaction score
sorry that they uploaded not straight lol

That does look killer.
Iv got mine settled not. I did raise the rear another inch. The lift kit was suppose to have a 1" rake, but it never had it.
I'm happy how it sits now, and clears the rubber.
Lately, it's been about fluid swaps, and interior electronics.

IMG_1146_zpszmfttyqm.jpg

IMG_1171_zpsjtecfplp.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online