Super bright LED bulbs

OSCS

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find some super bright LED bulbs that fit in the Z series auto meter gauges? I have some white LEDs but they aren't bright at all. I believe the bulb size is the same as the door panel lights.

Slate

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find some super bright LED bulbs that fit in the Z series auto meter gauges? I have some white LEDs but they aren't bright at all. I believe the bulb size is the same as the door panel lights.

Look up the bulb number and go to *deleted. Non-sponsor web address/link* You can get any kind of bulb or light from there.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Or you can try zleds. Ive had better luck with their led bulbs than superbrights. I can't get leds from superbright leds to last more than a year without flickering.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
FWIW, Z-Series is a tough gauge to make bright. They are edge lit and the dial and bezel are black so you don't get any decent reflection.

OSCS

Reaction score
FWIW, Z-Series is a tough gauge to make bright. They are edge lit and the dial and bezel are black so you don't get any decent reflection.

Yeah they suck for lighting.. That's why I'm in search of a SUPER bright LED I was hoping to run into someone who had successfully lit a Z series up

Reaction score
little late but i went with a wide glow bulb..they have 4 led's shining out the sides of the bulb and one shining strait

you wouldn't happen to have any pictures if them lit would you? Link to the bulbs?
no i do not have a pic, how ever, if you PM me your address ill send you one to try...id post a link for the bulb but from what i see in post #9 it cant be posted...

JD3020

Reaction score
I bought a pair of red 194 LED's at Autozone over the summer and threw in my 2 of my Z series, and left the 3rd gauge the regular 194 with a red condom. Made a nice difference but i still hate the lighting of these gauges. Only complaint i have. And if i knew they lit up like they do i would've gone with another series of gauges.

I'll try to snap some pics of em tonight.

OSCS

Reaction score
I bought a pair of red 194 LED's at Autozone over the summer and threw in my 2 of my Z series, and left the 3rd gauge the regular 194 with a red condom. Made a nice difference but i still hate the lighting of these gauges. Only complaint i have. And if i knew they lit up like they do i would've gone with another series of gauges.

I'll try to snap some pics of em tonight.

Agreed the lighting is TERRIBLE

acf6

Reaction score
Try superbrightleds ive used them for a few lights on my truck now. I got some 194s for my cab lights and they are very bright. Decent prices, fast/cheap shipping and LED lights for damn near anything you can think of

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Again guys...no links to non sponsors.

There are several vendors on this site that could fix you up....