Anyone be inturested in an oil scavenge kit option for compounds?

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Thinking about developing and testing a scavenge kit for the low pressure turbo on compounds set ups so you dont have to weld a bung in the oil pan and simplify install if you not pulling the motor.

this will consist of a tank, pump and line to dump the oil in the valve cover.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I think it would be a great idea for anything really....

on edit, why not make the oil self contained from the engine? That way if you have a cooling system or engine failure you dont put that in the turbo oiling system? And how are you planning on pulling the oil from the bottom?

Last edited:

TurboM700

Reaction score

on edit, why not make the oil self contained from the engine? That way if you have a cooling system or engine failure you dont put that in the turbo oiling system? And how are you planning on pulling the oil from the bottom?

If you do this watch oil temps, I know on my turbo 2-stroke sleds that oil after a long pull would get really hot and thats a 1qt system with maybe a 30 second WOT pull.

On a diesel truck oil could get much hotter.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score

Thats a possibility but for the majority of users it would be easier and less complicated to just run the motor's oil and pump for the pressure side.

I would use a 12v scavenge pump to pump it out of a tank that the turbo drains into and back in the motor.

Latest posts

Members online