Rebuild my 7.3 or p pump 24v swap

Redrock2000

Reaction score
Lubbock Texas by way of Detroit ( birthplace unfor
I'm stuck with with rebuilding my 7.3 with 3 burnt pistons and associated damaged cylinders from broken rings. Or I found a 24v long block with no injectors, or pump with 220k miles on it for $800. With the 7.3 PS I'd like to make 5-600 hp and be reliable. If I were to do the 24v I could P pump it and build it for however much hp it can make and still be reliable as a DD and tow ever once in a while. What would be the best bang for the buck? Thanks

Zeb

Reaction score
Rebuild your 7.3. 500 reliable, usable hp isn’t that hard any more, and 600 is not the big, expensive proposition it was 10 years ago.
I’d be willing to bet it would cost significantly more to buy an unknown condition 24 valve long block, inspect it, add a pump, injectors, turbo, adapters, etc.
Also factor in reconfiguring the a/c, getting the dash to work, and what about cruise control. I’ve never seen a swap to be cheaper in the long run, and rarely have I seen one that the cruise, dash, and a/c work correctly, and that just kills them in my book.

Latest posts

Members online