Need help with my 6.4

trevor_110

Reaction score
Hi I am trying to work on a 6,4 that had a plugged ***. I got it removed and ******d but the is oil running out exhaust and cylinder 2 has no compression at all. I’m at a loss for ideas I am no mechanic but if it was a cracker piston I would expect to see a loss of compression not none. I did check and the piston is moving. I read a little and the plugged *** could have blown turbo seals if I read it correct. Fires right up at 0 degrees has a slight vibration at idle but not really bad. When I went to pull out glow plugs one of the connections was pushed out of valve cover. Any ideas would help codes came up with a couple glow plug errors and cylinder 2 and 7 codes. I have also checked and there is no fuel in the oil. Thank you for your help

kleake

Reaction score
Sounds exactly like mine when it cracked a piston. Hate to say it, but I'll bet that's what you have.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

trevor_110

Reaction score
That was my first thought to but when it had no compression I was confused I would have thought there would still be a little

kleake

Reaction score
That was my first thought to but when it had no compression I was confused I would have thought there would still be a little

Mine was 0 as well. When you see the piston you will see why. Mine had a hole about the size of a BB. When mine went, it blew a glow plug boot out and coated the exhaust manifold in oil, and was pumping oil out the exhaust. The bottom side of the piston gets squirted with oil, so it sucks a lot up to the top of the piston and pumps it right out the exhaust. Makes a pretty big mess of things.

Here is the thread on mine if you are interested: http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79583

Latest posts

Members online