Thermostat Choices

Bluke

Reaction score
Vail and Eisenhower are steep. And you gain around 2k feet on each pass with Eisenhower being 11k feet. With the air being so thin up there the turbo isn't very efficient. I think your temps are fine. Your fan should of been roaring the whole time though.

euroford

Reaction score
cool, thanks for the feedback fellas. Probably do it again next weekend, so it'll be nice to not worry about the temps and just enjoy the drive.

Yeah, fan was roaring full out. Would be nice if it wasn't, you can certainly feel how much power that thing absorbs.

njjeep

Reaction score
Looks like there are no more 180* thermostats. Unless I'm looking in the wrong places?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Looks like there are no more 180* thermostats. Unless I'm looking in the wrong places?

Dennis at strictly diesel still sells the 180 stat.

superpsd

Reaction score
Not sure if they changed the motorcraft Stat but my Motorcraft Stat cracks open at 175° verified with a IR thermometer many times.

njjeep

Reaction score
Not sure if they changed the motorcraft Stat but my Motorcraft Stat cracks open at 175° verified with a IR thermometer many times.

Do you or anyone knows where to get a 175* thermostat?

superpsd

Reaction score
The thermostat I have ran for years came out of a motorcraft bag. I do not know the part number. I had read the motorcradt Stat is a 192° unit. My coolant outlet reads 176° and my EOT reads right about 180° warmed up. It only gets hotter on a heavy pull over the passes to around 200° EOT. My coolant dummy Gauge reads right on the front side of the N of normal once warmed. Only goes higher when pulling a pass and towing even then it doesn't get much higher than the M. I have read the motorcraft starts to crack at 175° from multiple sources. Maybe that is why I see temps idle at 176°. I am reading an older article that talks about the 203° Stat and it states that Bob Riley at DieselSite did some testing and found that the oem stats start to crack at 175° even though they are a 192/195° Stat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online