What have you done to your powerstroke today?

B.Warning

Reaction score
Took my 550 to get looked at last week for excessive smoke on a cold start. Got a call today saying it has hardly any compression on 2 cylinders. 211K miles and the motor is junk! Told them to drop a 120K Mike motor they have in it. I guess in a round about way its not so bad. It needed a new oil pan, rear main was leaking, up pipes were about toast. There dropping a complete motor in, minus my injectors, for $3k including labor. And installing a new clutch. I would of had that much invested in time/labor fixing all the little crap that was wrong with it.

vcassens

Reaction score
Almost rolled it and ended up in a 5 foot drift in a field drain
ata7a7ej.jpg

u2yjamu7.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Took my 550 to get looked at last week for excessive smoke on a cold start. Got a call today saying it has hardly any compression on 2 cylinders. 211K miles and the motor is junk! Told them to drop a 120K Mike motor they have in it. I guess in a round about way its not so bad. It needed a new oil pan, rear main was leaking, up pipes were about toast. There dropping a complete motor in, minus my injectors, for $3k including labor. And installing a new clutch. I would of had that much invested in time/labor fixing all the little crap that was wrong with it.

how cold? thats the first ive heard of a rear main leak on a superduty with under 300k miles..

live life full throttle

B.Warning

Reaction score
how cold? thats the first ive heard of a rear main leak on a superduty with under 300k miles..

live life full throttle

It didn't matter if it was 100 out or -10. If the truck sat for 8-10hrs it would white smoke like no other. As soon as it got up to operating temp it would be smoke free. Its hard telling what the service maintenance was like. Being a 550 I'm sure it was a fleet truck drivin hard by hired monkeys that could care less.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It didn't matter if it was 100 out or -10. If the truck sat for 8-10hrs it would white smoke like no other. As soon as it got up to operating temp it would be smoke free. Its hard telling what the service maintenance was like. Being a 550 I'm sure it was a fleet truck drivin hard by hired monkeys that could care less.

got ya.

vcassens

Reaction score
glad you're alright. better not mess up my old steps boy! LOL

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

lol there fine might be a little scuffed up from the concrete fill that was put in to hold the bank in but I would rather it be them where I can fix them with a rattle can rather than having to get it fixed at a body shop

nasty6.6

Reaction score
ordered a few parts...
6.5 pro comp front springs
bistein 5150s
ww2 for 38r
203 tstat and billet housing
high pressure crossover line
08 diff cover and bolts
and a window regulator

Should be a busy weekend!

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
lol there fine might be a little scuffed up from the concrete fill that was put in to hold the bank in but I would rather it be them where I can fix them with a rattle can rather than having to get it fixed at a body shop

better than body work for sure.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

yeehaw

Reaction score
put stock taillights on, and took of the crappy Recon dually lights since 1 out of 4 works. Had to replace one harness on the back left lift that cost me 32 dollars from Ford. Put in all LED bulbs from Retro!

Latest posts

Members online