2 Post Lift for Crew Cab F250

oli6578

Reaction score
Who has a automotive lift to lift f250? What brand? Asymmetrical or Symmetrical? Weight limit? Looking to purchase first lift. Advice please!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
We have rotary 15k symmetrical lifts at work for our big stuff. Fits a CCLB no problem. Only thing they don't work for are lifting cabs off single cabs. It may be a bit overkill for your needs, but they work great. We also have rotary 12k? ones. They are slightly smaller, but work good. Only thing I don't like about them are that they have fixed extensions. The larger 15k has 2 different sized extensions, with a screw foot, so it is easier to lift the truck straight. The smaller one has 2 different size extensions, but the foot is fixed. They typical asymmetrical 10k rotary will lift them, but it gets pretty sketchy on CCLB and even CCSB, especially if you have to do heavy chit like ball joints or trans work and stuff where the truck may move quite a bit while you're working on it.

oli6578

Reaction score
Rotary is probably out of my price range. Atlas is one of the ones I am looking at. Curious why you choose asymmetrical over symmetrical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Get a bendpak 12k. It will lift a cclb dually with ease and are reasonably priced. Will also lift a single cab no issue although I usually strap them to be safe.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I have a Worth 12k lift made in TX. The arms bent lifting a cclb truck, we guessed weighed in at around 9000 pounds. Just a regular 'ole crew cab dually with a cross bed tool box. Nothing extreme about the truck at all.
When I tried to contact them about the issue they never called or emailed back. I did some research and discovered they sent me a 10k lift with a 12k badge. HUGE difference in the arm design.
STAY AWAY from WORTH lifts.

Most importantly you need to look at what each arm is rated for. Arms on a 10k lift are only rated at 2500# each, so 5000#for the pair, and while lifting the whole truck, and the front being heavy it maxes out the arm rating. This is why I went with a 12k lift, and why my next one will probably be a 15k lift. 10k is way too sketchy, they just can't lift a cclb safely.

sootie

Reaction score
For body lift, under the pinch welds or under the floor plan if you have tall enough posts. For vehicle lift, under the cab mounts

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.