4r vs e4od

psduser1

Reaction score
So I have a pcs sitting here, with an e4od harness. I also have an e4od trans on the shelf, in need of a rebuild.
The question is, worth it to buy a core 4r, and harness, or just use what I have?

Going to swap my zf6 out for an auto, cause I'm old and lazy. I'm happy with the other two autos, listed in my sig.
The major difference between this one, and the other two will be about 350 hp, which obviously won't get used with a trailer on the back, lol.
Any technical info, experience, etc. is appreciated!

Addicted4

Reaction score
I'd go with a 4r100, that's why belongs in a Superduty. Why run the pcs when you could go with a factory harness and pcm?

psduser1

Reaction score
I think the pcs will give me better control over the transmission vs swapping pcs and trans harness.

Addicted4

Reaction score
Zf6 swap worth 25-3500, sell the e4od, harness and pcs 700. 3200-4200 buck towards building a decent 4r100 that bolts in and plugs and plays

samgoto96

Reaction score
I would have to agree with uncool keep the PCS with a 4r100 and custom tune it to do whatever you want it to do.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
Where are you located? Id be interested in buying the zf6 if you swap it, I can't find any 4x4 ones near me
Central mi. When it comes out, I'll post it!
4R100, correct harness for PCS and sell everything else you have.

That is what I did, so much less hassle than having to swap all the electronics, column and so on.

Add this to your 4R100 build and use any floor mount B&M shifter.

http://files.dpbrands.com/bm/product_images-high/40505_2.jpg
My first plan, lol. Somebody mentioned e4, which I have, but everything I've heard says the 4r is a slightly better trans. Either option will require some internal work, obviously, but I didn't know if the differences are big enough to warrant the jump to the 4r.

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
Not too far of a drive from where I'm at during the week, I'll keep an eye out. As for which one to use, id go with the 4r because i can't stand my e4 and I dont think that they are worth putting behind anything

samgoto96

Reaction score
4r100s have upgraded electronics and will be controlled with a PCS controller much better.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk