50 mpg with 1000hp diesel whaaaaat?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Diesel fuel economy is inversely proportional to the amount of power being used - not the amount of power its capable of. The more power you use - the lower the fuel economy numbers. The baseline fuel economy of say just driving around on backroads and using similar power to a stock truck will be determined by the specific setup itself. If you have the truck setup to be efficient in that range then it could do decent. Say your path to 1000rwhp involves just a single HX-82 turbo - its going to suck to drive and get ****ty fuel economy. Now if your path involves a reasonable set of compounds or triples that would likely get better fuel economy. Of course I'm painting rather broad strokes with this statement, so your mileage my vary. LOL

Good hear you again Jason.

emev0l

Reaction score
According Cncfab 2000hp on fuel only but it’s p pumped

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

At UCC last year it was an engine on a stand, this past year it was an engine on a frame, maybe next year he’ll have it in a running truck.

He claims you can turn one down and drive it on the street, still looking forward to seeing that.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
This is what our 7.3 is making going off trap speed. This is fuel only.

Your Horsepower computed from your vehicle weight of 3390 pounds and MPH of 192 is 1,848.84.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Paging
Maybe if no dyno - would be cool to see how his company does it?!

Last edited:

hucorey

Reaction score
I honestly can't find the engine Dyno sheets, at the moment, but the first run a a bone stock pump was around 1300hp. On the lightly modified pump it made 1780hp on a single Garrett GTP55R. This is at least what sticks in my head.

Regardless, y'all will eventually see it on a Dyno soon enough. Time permitting. I could use another 24hrs in a day.

After talking with Johnny at Stainless diesel, with the new turbo setup, it should be above 2000hp considering what it did on a single. I had all the materials here to do the turbo setup, but just flat ran out of time to be able to display it at UCC and a few shops dropping the ball on me in not getting my parts a few months sooner.

We shall see. This project has taken me a long time and a boatload of money. As I have a fair amount of inventory in new front cover kits, bed plates, and other things.

I was hoping to have it ready for the UCC qualifier this September, but it doesn't seem it's going to happen as we are swamped with work, a 5000sqft addition on the shop, and trying to keep up with supplying our dealers too.

Those that are negative Nancy's, try to adjust your attitude to at least support guys trying to give the Duraturds and Cummings guys a run for their money. #Ford

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
just some click bait titleage, hahahaha gotcha tho, but seriously though i plan on getting that 900hp swamps diesel performance package and other things i got ideas from some people who achieved the 1k horsepower mark for the legendary 7.3, for my 97 f350 xlt crew cab long bed dually 4x4,

i serisouly want to know what would be the best mpg i could possibly get for my truck and its 1000hp beastness, of course i really dont care about the mpg of all things in retrospect but knowing the mpg is helpful only in the manner of speaking of how far i can go mudding out in the back woods getting lost until i have to make an effort to go back into town and find civilization i.e. a gas station to refuel,

though i suppose just turning around when the fuel gauge gets half way is a simpler explanation, so well regardless and just for the hell of it, what would be the best mpg one could get with a 1000hp 7.3 if they want3d to boost the mpg as best they could and still have that 1000hp?

I thought this level of retardation had moved to Facebook permanently. When you get way back in the woods stop there have a nati with yore sister before you break yore legend.

Arisley

Reaction score
I honestly can't find the engine Dyno sheets, at the moment, but the first run a a bone stock pump was around 1300hp. On the lightly modified pump it made 1780hp on a single Garrett GTP55R. This is at least what sticks in my head.

Regardless, y'all will eventually see it on a Dyno soon enough. Time permitting. I could use another 24hrs in a day.

After talking with Johnny at Stainless diesel, with the new turbo setup, it should be above 2000hp considering what it did on a single. I had all the materials here to do the turbo setup, but just flat ran out of time to be able to display it at UCC and a few shops dropping the ball on me in not getting my parts a few months sooner.

We shall see. This project has taken me a long time and a boatload of money. As I have a fair amount of inventory in new front cover kits, bed plates, and other things.

I was hoping to have it ready for the UCC qualifier this September, but it doesn't seem it's going to happen as we are swamped with work, a 5000sqft addition on the shop, and trying to keep up with supplying our dealers too.

Those that are negative Nancy's, try to adjust your attitude to at least support guys trying to give the Duraturds and Cummings guys a run for their money. #Ford

Good luck, good to see the old dinosaur is still fighting the battle.

BOSS450

Reaction score

Was not being negative. Just holding everyone to the same playing field. Others have enough fuel and air to make two thousand. But don’t claim it bc they haven’t done it.

sootie

Reaction score
Was not being negative. Just holding everyone to the same playing field. Others have enough fuel and air to make two thousand. But don’t claim it bc they haven’t done it.
Love what you've done with your six four....wish you would spend more time here posting info on it....

BOSS450

Reaction score
Love what you've done with your six four....wish you would spend more time here posting info on it....

Lol I’ve almost posted a few times just end up just taking a nap. Not joking lol. I’ll try to do something at lunch

Latest posts

Members online