KC STAGE 2R TEST

kwelch08

Reaction score
So for the past few weeks I have been testing the new ball bearing turbo from Kc turbos the stage 2r. I must say the quality never stops amazing me. This turbo is absolutely amazing. My mods include:
5" turbo back exhaust
190/30 injectors
New ford heads with 6.4 pushrods
No limits intake with pro guard filter
Driven diesel reg return fuel bowl del ete
Fass 200gph pump
Stage 3 twisted diesel transmission
2k pi converter
And a few other things I'm sure I'm forgetting, but anyways on to the review.
I really didn't think I would notice such a difference, but I couldn't be more wrong it lights 3x faster, builds boost down low, and stays around 200-300* cooler on egts. At 65mph and 2k rpm I'm at around 13# of boost, and 550* egts at WOT about 34# of boost and 950-1050* on egt. Also I loaded up a tow tune and hauled my 33ft fifth wheel around that weighs in at around 13-15k pounds. It pulled like nothing was back there in overdrive at 70mph I was about 1950-2100 rpms my egts never got above 1100*. Well then I got the extreme tune from Charlie with the new Ebp sensor that can ONLY BE RAN WITH HIS TUNE in case any of y'all get this tune and sensor, and all I can say is wow this thing rips so hard and run extremely clean. I have zero lag and jumping into it from overdrive just a faint haze of smoke it's crazy how clean and hard it runs.
Again the customer service was first class as always he stayed on the phone with me the entire time to get it dialed in exactly how I wanted and answered every email no matter what time I sent it. If you are thinking of going from the stage 2 to the stage 3 but don't want to give up towing heavy this is the way to go. If anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask me.
cdfb117c198f64292cd477cbb7d812e5.jpg
50fabec5acb0ebafa7fb7f5df57716c6.jpg
a92a2b555079ac00de09042b2f1efb7a.jpg
3ffe2fa6921ff15c9b245c8efee5fc03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
What turbo did you have before? Would love to see some track times or dyno runs to see where it's at too! Sounds good though, hear a lot of good things about KC's turbos.

colo_dually

Reaction score
I figured there would be a change in EBP Sensor from somewhere. Do you happen to know the range scale of the replacement?

Good review, but I'd like to see some numbers, or maybe a video to go with it.

kwelch08

Reaction score
What turbo did you have before? Would love to see some track times or dyno runs to see where it's at too! Sounds good though, hear a lot of good things about KC's turbos.

Charlie has some dyno numbers. I came from the regular stage 2. This one uses ball bearings

kwelch08

Reaction score
I figured there would be a change in EBP Sensor from somewhere. Do you happen to know the range scale of the replacement?

Good review, but I'd like to see some numbers, or maybe a video to go with it.

I'll try to get some videos for y'all working 7/12s I'm always wore the hell out, and sorry but no I don't know the ranges but Charlie will probably answer those questions sooner or later.
On Charlie's truck he made 623rwhp
And 11xx tq iirc

Last edited:

kwelch08

Reaction score
I'll try to get some videos for y'all working 7/12s I'm always wore the hell out, and sorry but no I don't know the ranges but Charlie will probably answer those questions sooner or later.

On Charlie's truck he made 623rwhp
And 11xx tq iirc

Reaction score
Well, been looking for a reason NOT to put a billet wheel in my powermax, this kinda seals the deal, just gotta get money now.

Charlie, you kinda were hesitant to tell me to switch from the pmax, to your stage 2, how you feel bout switching to this one though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Kwelch08, how's the noise? I mean in comparison to the regular stage 2. I Can handle the whistle of the p max, but never been a fan of the sound of the 38Rs used in the 7.3s, just don't like that supercharger whine

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hillz

Reaction score
Can you compare your original Stage 2 to the new bb Stage 2. I have a older Stage 2 and am very interested in the new ball bearing Stage 2.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Its super secret squirrel chit :lookaround: I will say i agree, the tunes with the new sensor haul mother ***king ass. Im not running the new turbo, but on the stage 3 its fun to watch the 35 psi boost gauge wrap all the way back to 0.

colo_dually

Reaction score
What tune and what sensor. Have not heard of or seen this before.

Its super secret squirrel chit :lookaround: I will say i agree, the tunes with the new sensor haul mother ***king ass. Im not running the new turbo, but on the stage 3 its fun to watch the 35 psi boost gauge wrap all the way back to 0.

I may hold off getting newer tunes here if we are close to release on this sensor alone.:poke:

kwelch08

Reaction score
Can you compare your original Stage 2 to the new bb Stage 2. I have a older Stage 2 and am very interested in the new ball bearing Stage 2.

Sorry I've been sick and felt like I was dying haha. Well it spools faster, pulls harder, and still pulls up high where the old stage 2 seemed to run out of air. It also stays cooler on the egts.

colo_dually

Reaction score
Sorry I've been sick and felt like I was dying haha. Well it spools faster, pulls harder, and still pulls up high where the old stage 2 seemed to run out of air. It also stays cooler on the egts.

Sort of what I'd expect out of the BB unit for spooling and pulling harder. Your higher RPM observation may have something to do with the new sensor. Better air either way, which will keep it cooler.

Logically this thing will perform better than the traditional Stage 2's which are running stock injectors really nicely.

Honestly I wouldn't it cleans my 190/30's up to nothing. Honestly I think I could run 205/30 and still be pretty clean.

I know Charlie's been working to get 30 over nozzles cleaned up, this turbo could do that. Either way, the R&D is could be adapted to his Stage 3 unit as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.