"new" truck time

97cherokee

Reaction score
hey guys i currently have an 01 superduty with the 7.3, while i love the truck im wanting too get into a newer 6.7 powerstroke thats used. im thinking about 2013-2015 higher end xlt upto a platinum, trucks that are in my price range have between 130k-200k on them. my question is how well are these holding up? and advantages or major issues with a certain year over the other? simple upgrades too avoid issues? what can issues can i expect??? how does the 6 spd auto hold up compared too the 4r100??? im familiar with diesel emissions systems and that crap will go out the window quick... on that note who makes the best and most economical ****** kit? im not looking for tons of power too be added. im coming from a 425hp 7.3 soo.... im sure a stockish 6.7 will more than suit my needs.

thanks!!!

ncollins64

Reaction score
The 6.7s are the best diesel out there imo. No issues at all with these engines and trannys when properly maintained. I like the 13+ for the nicer dash. The 15+ gets you the better turbo and fuel system. I’d do a no limit e g r ******, intake, ex and a simple tune and you’ll be good to go. I’ve seen many of these well over 300k and still running strong.

farm boy

Reaction score
The 4r100 is no comparison to the 6psd trans when it comes to towing IMO.
I still have a 450ish hp 7.3 and the 6.7 will run away from it with a load. The tighter gears makes all the difference.
I love my 13 but as said before, get a 15+ if you can swing it.
The exhaust brake in the 15+ is a huge benefit.

97cherokee

Reaction score
yep one of the reasons im wanting a newer truck is for the 6spd auto, just was curious as to how that 6spd auto was holding up. ill likely be looking at not any newer than a 13 due too price range

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
yep one of the reasons im wanting a newer truck is for the 6spd auto, just was curious as to how that 6spd auto was holding up. ill likely be looking at not any newer than a 13 due too price range
I put 134k on my 12 with zero issues with the motor and trans. Dereeted after 44k.. radiators on the other hand, not so lucky. One water pump and a few front end components. Even had the factory brakes on it when i totaled it.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.