Excursion lifter problem

6 ohh excursion

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody knows a estimated cost of having all lifters replaced? I can hear a bad one, don't know if it's front or rear. But I definitely want all of them replaced, I know you pretty much have to have the engine torn all the way down to get to rear ones. Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem.

Thinking about a cam also...might have to anyways depending on how bad the lifters are. Any ideas?

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
I had 450 in lifters themselves with an additional 2 hours of labor. The motor was down for studs so there may be more labor involved if that's all you're doing.

Sent while hiding in a corner.

6 ohh excursion

Reaction score
Damn, I knew it wasn't going to be cheap... thanks International. Might as well stud it too. Just got it (bone stock w/ egr ******). Wasn't planning on tearing the motor down to the block soo soon. But thanks for the info bud!

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Honestly if you're going that far, I would.

Did my lifters need replaced, no. Did they show signs of excessive wear for the mileage, yes.

The reason I wanted it studded and dieted was to make it reliable. And knowing there is a weak spot and ignoring it didn't make sense in my scenario

Sent while hiding in a corner.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
:whs: The first time i had my motor out here recently, i did not do a cam and lifters. It worried the hell outta me, as my lifters had almost 200k on them. When it came back out due to cracked heads putting fuel in the coolant, i put both a cam and lifters, along with springs in.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
if you think you are actually hearing a lifter, I would not start that engine again. your literally a few thousand RPMs away from letting all the needle bearings loose.

this guy was just barely making a noise. it was actually only heard while parked against a wall. was very hard to distinguish it out

SoYh3Fmh.jpg

xYAtcckh.jpg

Reaction score
Lmk if we can help . we have everything in stock including stage 2 cams our cams or HD to factory lifters we have valvsprings as well but depending on your application it is not nessesary .

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Lmk if we can help . we have everything in stock including stage 2 cams our cams or HD to factory lifters we have valvsprings as well but depending on your application it is not nessesary .

What pushrods are you guys recommending?

webb06

Reaction score
if you think you are actually hearing a lifter, I would not start that engine again. your literally a few thousand RPMs away from letting all the needle bearings loose.

this guy was just barely making a noise. it was actually only heard while parked against a wall. was very hard to distinguish it out

SoYh3Fmh.jpg

xYAtcckh.jpg

It amazes me that the cam can look like that yet the truck will still run near perfect.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
It amazes me that the cam can look like that yet the truck will still run near perfect.

The customer noticed it when he took his truck through the car wash. Called me and I told him to bring it right over. I had a stethoscope on it for 30 mins and told him I didn't hear anything at all... Varying rpm, killing injectors, etc... Nothing. I pulled drain plug and cut open oil filter and told him his Cam was thrashed. 2 weeks later I bought it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.