How many miles on your 6.4?

cbf9703

Reaction score
If you knew anything about diesel engines you'd understand how stupid your recommendation to rebuild an engine with 200K is. I've got a skid steer with higher hours than my truck and we haven't touched the engine in it and it works one h3ll of a lot harder than the engine in my truck. And the oil change interval on it is 250 hours.

Why Ford can't put a decent diesel in their trucks is beyond me.

Help me out here, I'm kind of a newb in this world.... are they not supposed to last much beyond 200k? :lookaround: damn...

45937ae891342728240b8e077ae63cd0.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Still going strong with all of its stock parts at 224,9xx... Only thing I've had to do is uppipes and radiator... Still has factory head bolts, heads, pistons, fuel system, trans, ect... I have added tuning, exhaust, turbos, intercooler, cai, and piping. It's been am absolute amazing truck

Thats impressive!

mn_sclb

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1457500473569.jpg she's old but keeps ticking away. Oasis shows 3 radiators, new hpfp, and injectors at 213k. I bought it at 298k did uppies, turbo rebuild, and de leets. Oil changes at 3k, and did my first fuel filter change a few weeks ago. Last one got put in 4/15 😨.. Scary, but they must've done something right for it to make it here emissions equipped. 🙂🤔

**photo taken with a potato**
Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nbdyspclk

Reaction score
08 with 204,000 still pulls like a donkey on cracking only replaced *** and tires new batteries and shocks

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

nbdyspclk

Reaction score
Diesel particulate filter,hmm blocked out

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

ford41036

Reaction score
I am new to Powerstoke Army and have a question. I have a 08 6.4. No boost until around 90kmh. Then the factory boost gauge starts to move, If I back off the throttle and then come back on it. It blows a ton of black smoke. Basically no turbo at all on take off. I have a hard tune, EGR , *** ******. I have checked all the tubes and connections for leaks. I have changed the EBP tube and sensor (It wasn't dirty ) I have power to the Turbo Actuator and when the key is off, it moves freely. BUT It does not go through the cycle when I turn the key on? I'm pretty sure its the actuator. Unless someone has had a similar experience?? Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
I am new to Powerstoke Army and have a question. I have a 08 6.4. No boost until around 90kmh. Then the factory boost gauge starts to move, If I back off the throttle and then come back on it. It blows a ton of black smoke. Basically no turbo at all on take off. I have a hard tune, EGR , *** ******. I have checked all the tubes and connections for leaks. I have changed the EBP tube and sensor (It wasn't dirty ) I have power to the Turbo Actuator and when the key is off, it moves freely. BUT It does not go through the cycle when I turn the key on? I'm pretty sure its the actuator. Unless someone has had a similar experience?? Thanks

start a new thread with this question.

RSK

Reaction score
141k or 142k and i've done radiator hoses, one transmission which was my fault, front axle u joints are ready to get changed out, passenger side tie rod, and recently did alternator, tensioner and idler pulley and fuel filters, oil is done every 5,000 and filters every 10-15k zero issues, and I did the ebp sensor, and a trans temp sensor not bad for 54,000 miles in a little over two years i've owned it.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Sent you a pm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
123k and finally done with the job driving 200+ miles a day! Hopefully mileage will get cut back to 30-50 miles a day from now on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mvent

Reaction score
Turning 155k soon, purchased 2 1/2 years ago with 128k bone stock. At 136k lightened her up to help her breath better. Using Archoil in fuel fill ups and additive in oil changes(last change @ 7k miles sent sample to Blackstone labs, they said go to 10k.)
Rear axel seal, front calipers and tires, plus all the goodies I wanted to add/******.
This is my first diesel, and what a great truck!
2010 F350 KR CC Dually

morefuel

Reaction score
249,000, *** till 231,000 or so and then it went on a diet. Original motor I don't believe the heads have ever been off. hpfp was replace around 185,000. Still running who knows how long though.

punkrockford

Reaction score
37,228 on my 2010 F250. lower coolant hose replaced under warranty and egr cooler hose leaked, repaired under warranty. Had the def ******d and a ******* tuner but now it is back to stock.

Members online

No members online now.