37" highway tire or street tire?

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Looking for something less agressive than my toyo RTs, anyone make a street or highway tread in a 37? They are slim pickins from what i can find

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I haven't found anything less aggressive than the RT's. I was looking as well for my winter tires but ended up going with the RT's. IMO they really handle great on the road in in the rain. You could go to like an AT2 in the 325 size which is like a 35.5 but I think thats about as close as you are going to get.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
37x12.50 great tire!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 172

TrickTruck

Reaction score
+1 on the terra grappler

good street tire rain or shine

OK offroad

not going anywhere in slick snot mud

did just fine at the tractor pulls

50kmi rating on the G2

Last edited:

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
My Nitto G2 terra grapplers 295/60R20's have smaller chunks coming out of some of the center tread blocks on the rear tires. They have almost 4K miles on them at this point and I just put them on in late March. Kinda makes me mad honestly. The roads around here aren't great by any means but they certainly aren't that bad either. I am hoping somebody makes an All Terrain or even a Mud Terrain is out there that has a tougher tread makeup but that have decent weight ratings so I can also tow moderate loads. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the street tune and slightly hotter driving habits don't help. But my last set of terra graps lasted & wore a lot better in my opinion

Last edited:

Bullet 21

Reaction score
No help for the OP but ive been a big fan of the Toyo AT2 Xtreme. I ran them on a 2012 CCSB Ram w/ Cummins and a 2009 CCSB GMC w/ Duramax

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Ive always heard of them referred to as Terrible Grapplers by people. I have never been a big fan of Nittos though even with there other tires when I was into F bodys and drag racing all the time

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
My Nitto G2 terra grapplers 295/60R20's have smaller chunks coming out of some of the center tread blocks on the rear tires. They have almost 4K miles on them at this point and I just put them on in late March. Kinda makes me mad honestly. The roads around here aren't great by any means but they certainly aren't that bad either. I am hoping somebody makes an All Terrain or even a Mud Terrain is out there that has a tougher tread makeup but that have decent weight ratings so I can also tow moderate loads. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the street tune and slightly hotter driving habits don't help. But my last set of terra graps lasted & wore a lot better in my opinion

Ya that's from driving hard. My factory michelins did it terribly. My g2s have done it some but I drive my truck hard and still drive it hard when I'm towing heavy. I've got almost 15k on my g2s and they looks good still. Rotate them every oil change.

Str8Ugly

Reaction score

check out the cooper discovery tires, i drive on lease roads all day and mine might have a chunk here and there missing but nothing like my toyo open country mts were those things were all ate up

Arconalloy

Reaction score
How in the hell are all these "gangsters" getting these tires for their caprice classic on 30" wheels and no sidewall and i cant find a damn 37 highway or street tread :cursing:

BK39

Reaction score
My Nitto G2 terra grapplers 295/60R20's have smaller chunks coming out of some of the center tread blocks on the rear tires.

Ya that's from driving hard. My factory michelins did it terribly. My g2s have done it some but I drive my truck hard and still drive it hard when I'm towing heavy. I've got almost 15k on my g2s and they looks good still. Rotate them every oil change.

I would lean more towards the towing heavy causing the chunks coming out. The only reason I say that, I drive both my trucks pretty hard, and no chunks missing. My dad on the other hand, tows heavy 85% of the time, drives easy, has that issue. But that's only in my experience.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
My original Michelins threw chunks really badly. Huge pieces of tire.

That tire imho is not up to the power of a 6.7 and the turbo hit and 1 wheel drive.

I've got a truetrac in the rear of my truck, but also put new tires on at the same time. So it could be tires, but I think the cause of my subsequent tires NOT chunking is the truetrac giving the power to both wheels all the time.

I went thru a set of nitto terra grapplers in a 35" on 22". They were looking pretty slim when I replaced them w 30,000 on the tires. They still looked flat, no chunking or anything and they rode just fine.

Got a new set of nitto terra grapplers, same size, but the G2 this time. Same performance, but the tread seems to be lasting a little longer. These have 30k mi on them now and are beginning to look thin.

My only complaint about these tires is they are not 85psi tires, so you do have to watch your weights and balance (like at the CAT Scales) to make sure you don't overload the tires.

I don't live in the frozen north, so I can't really comment on their snow performance, but all around everywhere else, they are great tires if you are on the street most of the time.