Need help. 2015 crank no start.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Alright everyone, any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2015 came in with a fuel leak and a crank no start. Inspected for the fuel leak and found that the in injector return line between the injectors 1 and 3 had blown off the plastic barb fitting causing the fuel leak and assuming the crank no start concern. Reattached the line and replaced fuel filters. I have bled the fuel system for well over an hour, cranking every 10 key cycles to check if the fuel system had bled enough air to start, and the truck will not build more the 400PSI cranking. Truck will not even build enough fuel pressure with brake clean. Every fuel line has been checked to verify installed properly and inspected return flow to the tank with no bubbles present. I haven't pulled the VCV or PCV to inspected for metal debris which is my next step but has anyone seem a failed CP4 create enough return pressure within the injectors to blow an injector return line off?

I am at a complete loss on where to go with this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Eric.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
My '16 blew the EXACT fuel return line off.Truck was running rough,then stalled,on I-65 south.Luckily I got coasted to the shoulder,what a scary bad feeling without power steering and brakes!!!!I wound up getting a bad tank of fuel from walmart.The truck was towed to dealer.The HP failed,and actually cracked.Truck had 5500 miles.Had to pay for the repair,out of pocket.

Jomax

Reaction score
My '16 blew the EXACT fuel return line off.Truck was running rough,then stalled,on I-65 south.Luckily I got coasted to the shoulder,what a scary bad feeling without power steering and brakes!!!!I wound up getting a bad tank of fuel from walmart.The truck was towed to dealer.The HP failed,and actually cracked.Truck had 5500 miles.Had to pay for the repair,out of pocket.

Ouch. Couldn't get insurance to pay or WALMART?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Ouch. Couldn't get insurance to pay or WALMART?

I really didn't even give it a thought.:doh:That is the first time I ever got a bad batch of fuel,boy,hope never happens again.The fuel looked tan in color,the dealer saved me a sample.

Jomax

Reaction score
I really didn't even give it a thought.:doh:That is the first time I ever got a bad batch of fuel,boy,hope never happens again.The fuel looked tan in color,the dealer saved me a sample.

Nasty. Bet it wasn't cheap at Ford either!

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
$7900.00.New HP pump,injectors ,lines,Low pressure pump,sending unit in tank,and misc.Cab off job

morepower02

Reaction score

You trust a Walmart for fuel? I wouldn't buy a bottle of water there.

JRLott

Reaction score
Thanks for justifying why some don't save a few bucks on clatter fluid by purchasing at WM or other cheap places?

I feel for you, as I'm sure everyone else does, but I've always been told diesels were more prone to crappy fuel and not to buy at low volume cheap places since the 6.9 was the only viable pickup option.

I've got a bit over 17,700 miles on mine and have spent $2,751.00 on fuel since Jan of 15. Even if WM fuel was free, I'm not even close to being able to fix a fuel system failure like you had to do. I'd have to drive essentially another 35,400 miles on free diesel to break even on free fuel.

I seriously thank you for posting this and hope it never causes another issue for you or anyone else.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Alright everyone, any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2015 came in with a fuel leak and a crank no start. Inspected for the fuel leak and found that the in injector return line between the injectors 1 and 3 had blown off the plastic barb fitting causing the fuel leak and assuming the crank no start concern. Reattached the line and replaced fuel filters. I have bled the fuel system for well over an hour, cranking every 10 key cycles to check if the fuel system had bled enough air to start, and the truck will not build more the 400PSI cranking. Truck will not even build enough fuel pressure with brake clean. Every fuel line has been checked to verify installed properly and inspected return flow to the tank with no bubbles present. I haven't pulled the VCV or PCV to inspected for metal debris which is my next step but has anyone seem a failed CP4 create enough return pressure within the injectors to blow an injector return line off?

I am at a complete loss on where to go with this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Eric.

Every time i have seen this has been with contaminated fuel. Whether be def in it or gas, or a ton of metal plugging valves....

bhudson

Reaction score
Well I have to admit, I have bought diesel at walmart recently just because I passed by one and needed to, but after reading this, I don't think I'll buy anymore fuel from there. I don't buy anything else at walmart so might as well get my diesel from my regular place.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
You guys arecall killing me....

It's not walmart fault for a bad load of fuel. This very thing happens at many stations that are low volume.

The key is to fill at high volume stations. I use a new walmart to get diesel at all the time. Because there are a lot of diesel trucks that passes through it due to the convince of its location. Over 100,000 miles worth of I recall correctly...

JRLott

Reaction score
Yes. Exactly why I said "low volume cheap places". I suppose I should have also included low quality in there as well. I personally consider WM to be 2 of 3 in all cases and 3 of 3 most. I ran a tank in the company truck 10+ years ago and it got considerably less mpg than typical in the same driving route and style. I also had a tuner (gas) specifically say not to use it, as well as any other cheap non-national brand (Exxon, Shell, Chevron, Sunoco, etc) with his tunes.
I'm picky about oil too. Ran Castrol GTX in my ex wife's car for 30,000 miles. Valve line was on sale, so I got it for an oil change. There was a film on the cam after 3,000 miles. Swapped back and have been picky since then. Same with fuel.
Glad you're having good luck with it and I wish you continued success.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
You guys arecall killing me....

It's not walmart fault for a bad load of fuel. This very thing happens at many stations that are low volume.

The key is to fill at high volume stations. I use a new walmart to get diesel at all the time. Because there are a lot of diesel trucks that passes through it due to the convince of its location. Over 100,000 miles worth of I recall correctly...
Ty,for your RELEVANT post,I wish the guys who come one here,knowing it all(after the fact)could give me next weeks winning lotto numbers,before the numbers are drawn!

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Local Speedway stations by me have had a number of trucks go down for bad fuel. So I stick to filling mine at Quick Check. Thank you for posting about Walmart also, another station I'll avoid!

JRLott

Reaction score
Apparently you're missing it Tom. Nothing to with WM. It was totally random...kinda like Russian Roulette. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. :morons: Some grocery stores sell gas...I don't buy there either. I suppose relevant means something closer to thanks for saying it wasn't a bonehead decision on my part, rather than you shouldn't have done it in the first place to sport. I do wonder how much fuel he's purchased at WM since his new fuel system.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
You guys better start going to the refinery to get your fuel!!!

LOL....

I work for a huge pipeline company. All the fuel is the same EXCEPT the additives.

If you guys are that worried. Get a clear jug and fill it first then decided whether or not you want to put it in your truck.

JRLott

Reaction score
Do you know that there are only three or four foundries that make AR lowers? There is also a massive difference between an LMT and a Del-Ton AR. You may be asking yourself why this is relevant...it's everything the various companies do after the initial manufacture that make the product. Feel free to head to the foundry for your next AR, or buy a Del-Ton. I'll stick to the better quality brands.