2003 f350 6.0 RCSB Build

Nickc919

Reaction score
I haven't updated the thread in a while I have been busy doing stupid things like buying a house when I should be working on the shorty. I completed head studding and ******** the truck. I guess I was too concentrated and only took one terrible photo of the studs installed without the head.
studs.jpg

While it was apart I installed some other little things 6.4 banjos and washers, new hpop, oil cooler, egr ******, resealed the branch tubes, blue spring etc. Kept stock injectors for now wanted to make sure the truck was driving well before spending the cash on a turbo and injectors. What a world of difference even with just sct canned tunes this truck is so much fun to drive. Before taken apart the hpop was weak and the truck would only hit 2500 rpm now it moves. it is like driving a diesel go kart. Now it just needs a truetrac because the one leggers aren't cutting it. :(

engine.jpg

Now i was supposed to use a buddies lift however i got impatient and wanted it done sooner so living on a farm I decided to get a little redneck with it and it honestly was not too bad lol. However i would not do it that way again
lifting.jpg

I currently have the 05 front end getting color matched and can not wait to ditch the work truck look.

emev0l

Reaction score
I've pondered it more than a few times...mostly because ya just don't see many 4x4 Shortys. maybe one of these days!

Trucks looking great, :rockon:

The only extra work is swapping in a shorter fuel tank, a short bed fuel tank will hit the transfer case, I used an f150 gas tank in mine.

crewf250

Reaction score
Did you have to cut any of the frame behide the wheels? Or just from behide the cab?
Love the way it sits!

thetallguy94

Reaction score
Awesome build man! Makes me want to just pull my motor and trans out of mine and drop it into a RCLB and make it a shorty lol

Nickc919

Reaction score
Hell yeah! Great work so far! I love these little trucks!

Thanks! I followed your trucks thread and man that thing is beautiful! we have diesel nationals coming up here in NJ next weekend so I will get some more pictures posted up and see how she does down the track!

Latest posts

Members online