6.0 Stand Alone Wiring

imelmo

Reaction score
So what all wiring/electronics-wise would I need to run a 6.0 engine on a stand (or in a different chassis)? The more I look at it the more I think I'm over thinking it. I know obviously the ecm, the ficm, obd plug, the engine wiring harness, the pedal. What else?

Do I need any of the dash wiring? It will be using an aftermarket monitoring system like a Racepack or something.

And it will be using some sort of aftermarket trans like a 4R or possibly something else so I shouldn't need any of the trans wiring either.

Anybody wanna come wire this thing up for me? LOL

sootie

Reaction score
Wayne would be good to reach out to on this question...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You shouldnt need most of the dash stuff, aside from the baro sensor. There is no pats to worry about. Hell may not even need the baro with it tuned, but i would probably keep it in there for chits and grins. Plus the pedal is on the same harness. May need the brake switch as well. Map sensor is on that same harness too. Other than that and what you got listed, you should be good.

Are you gonna run a starter button or off the ignition switcb? That would also throw .ore dash wiring in.

imelmo

Reaction score
You shouldnt need most of the dash stuff, aside from the baro sensor. There is no pats to worry about. Hell may not even need the baro with it tuned, but i would probably keep it in there for chits and grins. Plus the pedal is on the same harness. May need the brake switch as well. Map sensor is on that same harness too. Other than that and what you got listed, you should be good.

Are you gonna run a starter button or off the ignition switcb? That would also throw .ore dash wiring in.

Just a button I'm sure.

webb06

Reaction score
Why was I thinking the instrument cluster has to be hooked up for it to run properly? I know they'll start with it unplugged but usually idles faster than normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91f250xlidi

Reaction score
Sub, just bought a parts truck that was missing the dash, under hood is complete and not much info to be found about pulling the motor and putting it in a buggy or something similar