Questions about 2 post overhead lift

bluedge8

Reaction score
I am going to be ordering a above ground lift with symmetrical/asymmetrical arms. I am wondering where the lift is positioned on a cclb? Between the doors is what I'm hearing, but thought I would check with people who have lifted these often.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
you will find when you get under it, there are very few options. A lot depends on the foot design.

i usually do body mounts at the front and the the front spring perch at the rear.

bluedge8

Reaction score
you will find when you get under it, there are very few options. A lot depends on the foot design.

i usually do body mounts at the front and the the front spring perch at the rear.
Ok, do you know where the posts "line" up on the body? ie: the post is in line with the front and rear door seam. I haven't set a vehicle on a lift since 1988 and never lifted a cclb

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I am going to be ordering a above ground lift with symmetrical/asymmetrical arms. I am wondering where the lift is positioned on a cclb? Between the doors is what I'm hearing, but thought I would check with people who have lifted these often.

We have all symmetrical armed lifts at work. A cclb for what weve got at work seems to like the drivers door 6-8in in front of the post. Ccsb seem to be about 1-2in in front of the post.

Ah hell, I just realized where this is. Anywho, those seem to work with superduty trucks, the 99-04 4wd is frame behind leaf spring, and frame in front of leaf spring in the rear, extensions adjusted for frame variances, and the 05+ are radius arms and frame in front of leaf spring till 07, then front leaf spring eye on 08+. We dont do many 2wd, but I hit the radius arms in the front, with wherever in the rear, and extensions adjusted. Should transfer over ok-ish to the obs trucks...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
We have all symmetrical armed lifts at work. A cclb for what weve got at work seems to like the drivers door 6-8in in front of the post. Ccsb seem to be about 1-2in in front of the post.

Ah hell, I just realized where this is. Anywho, those seem to work with superduty trucks, the 99-04 4wd is frame behind leaf spring, and frame in front of leaf spring in the rear, extensions adjusted for frame variances, and the 05+ are radius arms and frame in front of leaf spring till 07, then front leaf spring eye on 08+. We dont do many 2wd, but I hit the radius arms in the front, with wherever in the rear, and extensions adjusted. Should transfer over ok-ish to the obs trucks...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
That helps, thanks.

Latest posts

Members online