New Alliant HPFP thread sealant

Wickedxrebel

Reaction score
Has anyone installed an alliant reman HPFP for these truck lately and changed the fittings to AN style flare fittings instead of the crappy banjo studs? BEWARE if you do! They are putting the nastiest crustiest flakiest thread sealer on these now. It reminds me of PVC pipe glue. I am so livid right now!!!!!I have backed out the low pressure inlet stud about two threads and it has fought me the whole way and left clearish blueish plasticky looking chunks around the top of the thread hole. I am terrified of what may have just fallen down there. If I just trashed this brand new pump I’m probably gonna lose it. My last Alliant pump had had a leaky PCV valve right out of the box but no CRAPPY thread sealer, neither did the stock one..... does anyone have any ideas here? Best thing I can think of is hold the pump upside down while unscrewing them and then may chase the threads with a tap? This sucks so bad why would ALLIANT use thread sealer on these????? ESP knowing how sensitive they are to debris.......hell they could have used an o ring, that’s what my AN fittings use........ I want to call Alliant and starting freaking out on them but I know it won’t get me anywhere........Anyone got anything?

Members online

No members online now.