BulletProof Oil Cooler Half Kit

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Button everything up, start check for leaks, and then add oil as needed......took an extra gallon for me and it should look something like this

BFD006.jpg

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Nice write up! The parts looks very well built also... but what is the servicability like when the front bumper is on? That filter looks like it would be a major PITA to replace. Also, I wonder how that filter/mount would work with aftermarket front bumpers? Do you have some close ups, or other angles of the line that goes to the top of the cooler that runs near the CAC pipe? Also I'm wondering how an aftermarket CAC pipe would affect anything... if it would at all?

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Nice write up so far Julian. Thanks.

No problem man.....

Nice write up! The parts looks very well built also... but what is the servicability like when the front bumper is on? That filter looks like it would be a major PITA to replace. Also, I wonder how that filter/mount would work with aftermarket front bumpers? Do you have some close ups, or other angles of the line that goes to the top of the cooler that runs near the CAC pipe? Also I'm wondering how an aftermarket CAC pipe would affect anything... if it would at all?

Not sure yet, as the "rhino lining" on my bumper started peeling and I just left it off and dropped it off this morning to get fixed, but you are right, it might be a PITA to change the filter, we'll find out soon. I can get some more close ups of the line running by the CAC, what are you wanting to see exactly??? As long as the aftermarket CAC pipe isn't bigger in overall diameter I don't see an issue

CT9AIX

Reaction score
My only concern with the CAC pipe, was in my case for example, i'm running the No Limit setup which means I've got the 3" pipe running through there and room is tight. I'm just looking to see if the new oil line runs below, or above the pipe and if that extra few inches us with larger CAC pipes might need to pass through the radiator support might be the difference between no fitting and fitting? I love this kit, but just wouldnt want to purchase it, then have issues fitting everything due to some other aftermarket parts ya know?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Looks pretty straight forward, the oil filter could be a PIA. Wonder about moving or angling it differently, but that would probably require longer hoses with different elbows.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
Looks pretty straight forward, the oil filter could be a PIA. Wonder about moving or angling it differently, but that would probably require longer hoses with different elbows.

or you could use their hose, and just get a coupler, and make theirs longer by adding your own, if need be.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If you looking for just the cooler why not just look for a stacked plate in the dimensions you want. They make them in a bunch of different sizes.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
When you get a chance post the difference the oil temps.

IIRC before the temps were anywhere from 197 to 201 at highway speed.....I've only got about a 8 mile stretch on the highway from work, so here is some real quick video of the oil and coolant temps, 98 degrees outside, cruising at 55 with a short roll into the throttle to about 90

th_oiltemps.jpg

Now you need a IC LOL. Good work and nice looking kit

I was thinking of that, as I had it off and was mounting the oil cooler to it....didn't realize how easy it was to take off

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Just wondering how this new kit is working out? Any new updates?

Kit is working great, had to re-route one of the hoses and the filter can be changed with little mess.....I'll get some pics later today, but this was today, running down the highway with it being 69* outside....194 where the coolant and 175 was the oil

oiltemps-1.jpg

tbsimmons

Reaction score
175 is fine. If I remember correctly the multi grade oils are rated at 0 and 200 for the viscosity.
I might think about doing this, just did an EGR delete and changed thermostats because my temps were starting to do some crazy things. I will see if that fixed it, if not I will be buying this.
Just think of the guys in well below 0 ambient. I bet the oil temps of those truck are not even 175 even with a front cover.
The only thing is the oil is thicker at 175 than at say 200. I doubt by much though.

Last edited:

akf250

Reaction score
Last edited: