Farm Truck 6far

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Well after selling Ol 6.4 and never really updating my previous thread I guess you can say I got hooked from that platform of power!
Currently just purchased a 08 6.4L (stock) 211k SCLB 2wd that’ll be just an Ol’Farm track truck. Truck had a cyl#3 code that didn’t get recorded before CalibraTing diet so idk what all is really wrong with her. Drove 54miles home worry free but has an odd balance when idling up. Idles fine & high idles quite but i don’t have proper scanner for diagnosis, what to have tested is the question; compression, power balance, fuel trims?

Wanna throw upper end parts at her (in hopes of her staying together) for supporting mods but know nothing is understood until heads/pistons are checked for cracks. It’s goal would be dual fuel & upgraded turbos is the only thing I haven’t experienced with this platform. eventually fully rebuilt motor w/rods, charge system that was interchangeable for either track/street, shortened with a full cage if I stayed in it.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Ripping chit off little by little. Forgot how fun this platform removal process was :doh:, just gotta fight cooler mounts and the e g r will he gone. So far with just a tune and restriction around exhaust removed she rips so we’ll put a budget together to see what all will be tackled this round but looking like studs & gaskets, heads from a reliable source, low pressure system, single turbo. 4link w/Tbars and I’ll probably do a trutrac because she’s got the 1 wheel peel currently. Trans will need addressed but trying to focus on more parts for now so we’ll see how things go.

Attachments

• B6328C9A-A5B9-4CBA-B8FA-3103C38FA141.jpg
    B6328C9A-A5B9-4CBA-B8FA-3103C38FA141.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 0C306BAE-B70A-40B2-8DF9-08BB4EB90761.jpg
    0C306BAE-B70A-40B2-8DF9-08BB4EB90761.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 6FAF8C76-61C9-4A8F-B10B-DD05861CD719.jpg
    6FAF8C76-61C9-4A8F-B10B-DD05861CD719.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 106

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
*farm truck*

*turbo swap, 4 link, fuel system* LOL

makes the wife think it’ll be a slower process since it’s not tag/registered.. Looks like you’ve got something your putting together at some point? These things are fun but costly at the same time creating awesome power. Always struggled keeping my foot out of last 6.4 so I built that to hold, sold it and the itch never left..

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
makes the wife think it’ll be a slower process since it’s not tag/registered.. Looks like you’ve got something your putting together at some point? These things are fun but costly at the same time creating awesome power. Always struggled keeping my foot out of last 6.4 so I built that to hold, sold it and the itch never left..

Yeah I have three of them now. Work 350, work 450, and a daily/toy 250. 250 is blown apart, have a new block at the machine shop. 450 has the top end apart, picked it up non running for nothing, worth it even if I need to put a new motor in it. 350 I bought for the engine but the truck was actually decent, fixed a few issues and have just been driving it. I love driving these trucks and I’m getting decent enough at pulling them apart and putting them together. I’m actually at the shop now, working on the 450. Was hoping to get it running by tomorrow night but progress has been slow since I caught a bad cold this week.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Yeah I have three of them now. Work 350, work 450, and a daily/toy 250. 250 is blown apart, have a new block at the machine shop. 450 has the top end apart, picked it up non running for nothing, worth it even if I need to put a new motor in it. 350 I bought for the engine but the truck was actually decent, fixed a few issues and have just been driving it. I love driving these trucks and I’m getting decent enough at pulling them apart and putting them together. I’m actually at the shop now, working on the 450. Was hoping to get it running by tomorrow night but progress has been slow since I caught a bad cold this week.

Right on, yeah the family business has me to only here/there for free time to work on it + kids.. last one I paid for the work but that chit cost me too much in trust so that alone is worth tackling this build myself.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Right on, yeah the family business has me to only here/there for free time to work on it + kids.. last one I paid for the work but that chit cost me too much in trust so that alone is worth tackling this build myself.

I hear that. Working for yourself or the family really seems to take all your time. First time I rebuilt my truck I was at the shop every night till 12 and i spent all weekend every weekend here.

Would love to send it out but the parts alone are going to be insane. Plus from doing everything myself I’m in a better position to diagnose and fix issues.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Down to the ps valve cover for now to change out these rocker assemblies, add some push tubes, upper fuel bowl removal & Lpfs. Stock 211k emissions friendly truck so we’ll see what it can handle bit by bit, then when she fails it’ll get built throughout. Tempted to pull heads & turbos to start ideas there but Rather have it running to move it around, then again having it apart could allow further lead way on everything needed.

Put some drop shackles on it but stance still off so pulling lower leaf next & adding Djm dream beams is the plan for starting suspension.

Attachments

• 21B30C37-9EC5-488C-8258-F76C1327F8BD.jpg
    21B30C37-9EC5-488C-8258-F76C1327F8BD.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 57B0D624-9815-47E9-ABC6-2C6C480BB224.jpg
    57B0D624-9815-47E9-ABC6-2C6C480BB224.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 102

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Well I threw some upgraded, pushrods, rocker replacements, fuel bowl see ya later and punch out performance glow plug bye bye kit. went through trucks fluids/filters front to rear and trying this rotella elc stuff as I’m a cat guy. Titled the pos so we’ll see how long the lil brother can keep her together. (Kids don’t know responsibility so repo got him as a focus repair on tranny was like $3k for a $12 hourly).
Truck shows a little blow by but runs top so I’ll throw a ccv system at her to see if this high mileage recently dieted things stays together.

Tips on Adjusting fuel regulator on fuel bowl removal, any tips as I can’t seem to even show pressure before screws back or screwed down? Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.