Tranny questions

WichitaF250

Reaction score
05 with auto tranny. Delayed shift from R and also D, once in reverse works great. Drive with engage after a short time 2-3 seconds, but bangs in to gear. Once going it’s fine until you slow down then kicks out of gear. Then it seems like it takes off in a different gear then shifts down and goes. Tow haul will flash in stop and go traffic.
Dropped pan only small amounts of dark materials around magnet. Put new filter on and put new fluid in the ford stuff. Same problem. Next step replace direct clutch solenoid?

sootie

Reaction score
Pull the codes. You could try the solenoid but my bet is burnt direct clutches.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

WichitaF250

Reaction score
Codes po766, P2703, I cleaned all of them...well the ones I could get out. It’s weird because it just started this one day. Jumped in a few days ago boom delayed shifting. No other gears have a problem shift through all just fine as soon as you start going

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
How did you clean the solenoids? Did you take them apart, remove the microscopic debris that makes them stick, reassemble them, and then recalibrate each solenoid to a master solenoid? If you did, you're the first person to ever do that. If not, you didn't do anything useful when you think you cleaned them.

The direct is probably the cause of the reverse delay, but it has nothing to do with the problem in drive.

Sometimes new fluid can clean the solenoids. Here is a link to a way to change all of the fluid in your trans. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1516093-5r110-transmission-cold-fluid-exchange.html

Latest posts

Members online