Lost power and throttle response

JD3020

Reaction score
Last night i decided to mess with the truck a little. I pulled the dash apart to mount my chip(hanging over the steernig column still), but i ran into some problems so i threw it back together. The sun was going down so i decided to wash the truck. Finished up and hopped in the truck to move it and noticed that throttle response was just ****. I didn't pay much attention to it and parked the truck.

Went out and fired it up this morning and everything seemed fine, but i noticed the parking brake light kinda flickered and flashed instead of just lighting up when i turn the key on. Pulled out on the road and noticed that throttle response sucked, power was way down, and it wouldn't smoke at all. But it seemed like it was running a tune from the way it shifted, and it ran a lot smoother and better than it did before i had tunes. Also when it had the stock tune it was an absolute dog at low RPM's and could barely get out of its own way until it built some RPM's. With tunes it gained a ton of power down low. There is still more power down low than when it was stock. Also high idle still works.

So is it possible that when i was messing with the chip it somehow worked loose so some positions work, while others don't? I did notice a slight power bump when i changed tunes, but its nothing close to what it was.

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
I would for step one do a little clean up on the board edge of the PCM. Maybe just some alcohol on a swab for a start.

JD3020

Reaction score
The PCM should be clean, i've been running the chip for a while now. But after school i'm gonna pull the chip out and check everything to see if i can find anything.

JD3020

Reaction score
Well the problem is in the chip. It used to be light tow, hi idle, heavy tow, mild tune, hot tune, then like a race tune. Now it seems like light tow, hi idle, hot tune, race tune, then the other two seem the same as the first one.

So what could cause the tunes to change position like that?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.