2015 6.7L Drop In Performance Turbos

NRHX2009

Reaction score
I have been working on getting a solid built drop in for the 2015 trucks, The plan is to have a line up of the following:

Stage 1 64mm compressor with stock turbine

Stage 2 64.7mm x 92mm compressor with 10 blade 66mm turbine, 360 thrust

Stage 2.5 64.7 x 92mm compressor with GT40 10 Blade 70.5mm turbine, 360 thrust.

Stage 3 68x100.5mm compressor with GT40 10 Blade 70.5mm Turbine, 360 thrust.

There will be some extensive testing done by a few shops before any will be released, Stay tuned for updates and dyno numbers.

Stage 3 Turbo below
1114141607.jpg

1114141608.jpg

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I have been working on getting a solid built drop in for the 2015 trucks, The plan is to have a line up of the following:

Stage 1 64mm compressor with stock turbine

Stage 2 64.7mm x 92mm compressor with 10 blade 66mm turbine, 360 thrust

Stage 2.5 64.7 x 92mm compressor with GT40 10 Blade 70.5mm turbine, 360 thrust.

Stage 3 68x100.5mm compressor with GT40 10 Blade 70.5mm Turbine, 360 thrust.

There will be some extensive testing done by a few shops before any will be released, Stay tuned for updates and dyno numbers.

Stage 3 Turbo below
View attachment 32288

View attachment 32289

Wow a 68 cant way to see the results on that one.

MorganM

Reaction score
Is there no aftermarket(larger) charger that will bolt in using the OEM 15 pedestal, piping, etc?

Looking forward to the results from the hybrid options

MorganM

Reaction score
These are that charger. There are plenty of companies making them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll try asking a different way.

Is there an off the shelf turbo from Precision or Borg Warner that replaces the factory turbo as a drop-in? Fixed or VGT?

Assuming no, is someone creating an adapter?

My goal would be to use all the OEM 15 retrofit parts, but have more turbo options aside from those based on the stock unit. If that makes any sense??

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try asking a different way.

Is there an off the shelf turbo from Precision or Borg Warner that replaces the factory turbo as a drop-in? Fixed or VGT?

Assuming no, is someone creating an adapter?

My goal would be to use all the OEM 15 retrofit parts, but have more turbo options aside from those based on the stock unit. If that makes any sense??

The only thing that will work like that is a single turbo t4 kit. No reason to use 2015 stock parts for an aftermarket turbo. It would not be realistic to do. And you wouldn't gain anything over a modded factory charger.

Reaction score
The only thing that will work like that is a single turbo t4 kit. No reason to use 2015 stock parts for an aftermarket turbo. It would not be realistic to do. And you wouldn't gain anything over a modded factory charger.

By this I mean, to build a completely custom casted turbo you would be looking at 100k for design and molds. And then it would have to be so expensive that it would never sell. So the options will always be a t4 style kit or a 2025 based vgt kit. Or a duramax based turbo kit.

MorganM

Reaction score
Ok- I can follow that, thanks.

I really prefer OEM parts, but I also want to be as quick/ quicker than a strong deleted 6.4 and I haven't seen any of the 2025 variants do that yet?? Looking forward to the Stage 3 results.

MorganM

Reaction score
These options are looking like the no brainer choice for upgrading. Can you describe the suitable application for each turbo? Something kinda like this...I clearly have no clue.

Stage 1- mild stock upgrade(fuel req'ments?)
Stage 2- more power than stage 1, still good for towing
Stage 2.5- not ideal for towing, but good spool and more top end pull. Upgrade to 2015 pump or dual fuel
Stage 3- not for towing, slightly slower spool, fuel upgrades req'd to get max power.

NRHX2009

Reaction score
These options are looking like the no brainer choice for upgrading. Can you describe the suitable application for each turbo? Something kinda like this...I clearly have no clue.

Stage 1- mild stock upgrade(fuel req'ments?)
Stage 2- more power than stage 1, still good for towing
Stage 2.5- not ideal for towing, but good spool and more top end pull. Upgrade to 2015 pump or dual fuel
Stage 3- not for towing, slightly slower spool, fuel upgrades req'd to get max power.

Since we do not have a lot of testing done yet, Its hard to say for sure, but my "assumptions" are below. Testing will prove assumptions right or wrong.

Stage 1- Mild stock upgrade yes. Great for towing. No extra fuel requirements other than a good tune

Stage 2 - Converting into a 66mm compressor if all goes to plan with 66mm 10 blade turbine. Good for towing loads around 15k ish... And still capable of making some good HP on a race tune. Keeping back pressure less than stage 1 550+ HP hopefully

Stage 2.5 66mm compressor with GT40 turbine 70.5mm. Ok for towing loads around 10k ish, Should keep EGT's and backpressure in check on a race tune and pump / injector upgrades 600-650hp Hopefully

Stage 3 68mm compressor with gt40 turbine 70.5mm, Not recommend for heavy towing, 5k or less, Hopefully supports 700HP with pump / fuel upgrades and race tunes.

This is all a huge guess, that I believe should work out but nothing is set in stone on any of these turbos yet. Time and testing will tell.

MorganM

Reaction score
Thanks- this helps me know the turbos from which I should watch for the testing results. The 2.5 and 3 are sounding really good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.