Tyrant diesel tuning

joebuck

Reaction score
That’s is what I was thinking. I just didn’t know if the 6.7 would get too hot.

Nope his tow tunes are pretty good, these engines like and are meant to run hotter than most anyways so don’t be alarmed to see 230-240 oil temps and 220-230 trans (depending on how heavy your pulling) they cool down quickly and are meant to run hotter than the older versions

joebuck

Reaction score
I’ve seen mid 30s on long steep grades hauling 17k+ but I have the 15+ turbo in mine I know the 11-14s usually see lower numbers as they hold fuel back so it doesn’t over speed the turbo

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I just got the EZ Lynk with Tyrant tunes. For towing 16,000 lbs should I use the no power tune or the 55hp tow tune
Mine stays in the race tune no matter what. Just keep rpm up and use tow haul.. in other words, don't pussy foot it. Lugging builds heat..

live life full throttle

Hottrod81

Reaction score
Do you tow steep grades out West with those race tunes. I feel like the truck would burn up going over tehachapi or the grapevine

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Do you tow steep grades out West with those race tunes. I feel like the truck would burn up going over tehachapi or the grapevine
I haven't been out west in a while. Dont lug the motor. Jomax lives out that way though. Nothing wrong with letting it downshift.

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score

Yup on both. Yes on 6% grades in AZ IN 115 degree heat.

I beat the crap out of my 2015. Never let me down. I’ve seen 2000 egts unloaded Beating the piss out of it. These motors are tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
Do you have to reload the tune as time goes on? Ive had tyrant tunes on my truck for a few years now and the truck feels someqgat sluggish compared to when i first got the tune. Thanks in advance- im rarely on here anymore

Hottrod81

Reaction score
Yup on both. Yes on 6% grades in AZ IN 115 degree heat.

I beat the crap out of my 2015. Never let me down. I’ve seen 2000 egts unloaded Beating the piss out of it. These motors are tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did your transmission hold up?

Hottrod81

Reaction score
I am running tha performance tune down. Seems to shift better than the extreme. It drives like stock unless I want to get on it. I will definitely not beat on this truck as I want to get at least 200k miles out of it

joebuck

Reaction score
Who has a high mileage truck that is running the performance tune?

What’s considered high mileage to you? I run these tunes (mainly run performance but run heavy tow when we pull our toy hauler) and I have 153k but I wouldn’t consider that “high mileage”

sootie

Reaction score
Are we still worried about hurting these trucks tune only?!?!? Come on guys...its 2020.

Latest posts

Members online