Progress report on my build

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Received my King shocks the other day and boy what a difference, finally a smooth ride. Ordered up a set of King 2.5 air bumps for the front so I'll install them when they arrive. Been driving the truck lots and can hear a small exhaust leak so I need to find the source and fix that. Been talking with Tadd from Elite about cams and am looking at switching out to a different one if it's really going to make a difference.
Truck needs a good bath after the big move from Alberta to BC. Once the new shop is all organized I'll build myself a custom washer fluid bottle out of aluminum. Also plan to redo a couple pipes to clean things up before paint. Once I'm happy with the piping I will paint the intake piping. From there I'm not sure what is next for the truck. Maybe a Dana 80 rear end but who knows.

yeah buddy enjoy them shocks and bump stops !! told you they were the shiz !

White_monster

Reaction score
How do the bump stops work where they don't hinder travel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll post pics once they are installed. Installing them is fairly involved as I have to french them into the frame. You set them so at max travel they are bottomed out and you start contacting them 2" from the end of travel. Reason for them is I am tired of riding on my bump stops all the time. They also keep your shocks from taking the impact at the end of the stroke which they aren't designed for.

White_monster

Reaction score
Oh JD convinced me, by convince me he showed me a picture, to get matching projector fog lights for my truck so they will be coming with my headlights when they are ready. When I get closer to pulling the heads off I'll pick up a set of heavy duty lifters with axle oilers as well. Looking at trying to mount a set of Harland Sharp rockers on my truck but they are big bucks. Also plan to tweak my piping a bit. I'd like to make it look cleaner and I may do the aluminum piping in stainless if I can get stainless flanges for the vanjen clamps.

akf250

Reaction score
Frenched in Bump Stops

I'll post pics once they are installed. Installing them is fairly involved as I have to french them into the frame. You set them so at max travel they are bottomed out and you start contacting them 2" from the end of travel. Reason for them is I am tired of riding on my bump stops all the time. They also keep your shocks from taking the impact at the end of the stroke which they aren't designed for.

Would love to see pictures of the bump stop install when you get a chance. I am looking at removing my stock bump stocks and going to hydros during this upcoming build

White_monster

Reaction score
If I was to do the shocks and bumps again I would likely get the internal bump stop option from King. It does the same as the hydro bump stop but it's inside the shock. But that's not an option now.

akf250

Reaction score
Bump Options

If I was to do the shocks and bumps again I would likely get the internal bump stop option from King. It does the same as the hydro bump stop but it's inside the shock. But that's not an option now.

If you have not done shocks yet like myself (just ranchos), is there a non-custom shock from King that could be used for a lowered 6.4 that would include the internal bump stops?

Also, is the 2" bump stop stroke length all that is needed for these lowered 6.4's?

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score

What is this an option on? Might be way easier to go that route for me than mounting the hydro bump stops to the frame or spring tower.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If you have not done shocks yet like myself (just ranchos), is there a non-custom shock from King that could be used for a lowered 6.4 that would include the internal bump stops?

Also, is the 2" bump stop stroke length all that is needed for these lowered 6.4's?

give me a call. before shane ordered nobody had been advised of any internal bump stop , until shane mentioned it to me. we stock the stock height kings that are safe for the 4400# spring guys like me, which i run , unless you plan on mowing down speed bumps .

White_monster

Reaction score
Truck got towed home. Fairly certain I have a injector or 2 stuck wide open. So I'll pull them out and get them freshed up or replaced. Likely going to pull the engine and swap the cam. Might do an exhaust manifold swap as well. Maybe I'll finally get my amp steps on and the bump stops installed.

http://i.imgur.com/WQfmU1S.jpg

pog

Reaction score
The love/hate relationship. You’ll get it up n running soon! I believe in you

White_monster

Reaction score
Boroscope was bought today but it had to be ordered. Maybe pull the injectors tomorrow. Turns out I need to get it running, haha. New Mpd exhaust manifolds are ordered as well.

Latest posts

Members online