2015 6.7 whine at idle

95cobby

Reaction score
^Use this as typical interval. If you read what fords normal usage is, youd laugh. It like 70 degree ambient, cruising at 67mph, no stop and go, no headwind, no hills, etc. Normal actual driving is considered "heavy use". I always recommend 10k services. Over maintaining is not a bad thing, under maintaining gets expensive quick. Also, trans at 30k, oil and filter at 5k.

Don't want to get far off topic but what do you mean trans at 30k? You change the trans oil every 30k miles? I think I remember reading Ford manual said 150k but I wouldn't let it go that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
Jomax takes that a bit farther and does a drain & fill every 10k and filter every 20k.

I did my first drain & fill at 25k, and should get my filter changed tomorrow a bit shy of 32k.

Jomax

Reaction score
Jomax takes that a bit farther and does a drain & fill every 10k and filter every 20k.

I did my first drain & fill at 25k, and should get my filter changed tomorrow a bit shy of 32k.

Yup! Trans is still good at 87k miles. On the "weaker" 2015 trans to boot.

Brewhaha

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the 11-14 trans and the 15+ trans?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
I had this famous whine you guys were taking about last night. Happened when I had key "on" no start for 5 mins or so setting up the edge monitor... than it just went away and never came back.
Annoying for sure.....

04cr450

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the 11-14 trans and the 15+ trans?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

11-14 trans "say" they are stronger because the 15 + have a weaker 4th gear I believe? But so far (Jomax to note) have beaten the 15+ trans pretty hard and they have stayed togethor. So I'm not cunvinced the newer trans are weaker than the older my"s

sootie

Reaction score
11-14 trans "say" they are stronger because the 15 + have a weaker 4th gear I believe? But so far (Jomax to note) have beaten the 15+ trans pretty hard and they have stayed togethor. So I'm not cunvinced the newer trans are weaker than the older my"s

they are weaker. its nothing to be convinced about. Less clutches are less clutches.

04cr450

Reaction score
I understand but they are holding up just as good from What I am seeing. Course I might not be looking at the right places either lol trans tuning is key though

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
mine makes that whine noise when i turn the key to the on position. sounds like the low pressure fuel pump. I change my fuel filters every oil change too so roughly every 5k-6k miles. it still makes that whine. fuel is filtered at our fuel tank's pump (we maintain those ourselves every 3 months), the low pressure filter and at the high pressure filter. but I still get the whine. the truck is a 2011 with almost 110k miles. i have just accepted it at this point...

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
That is rather funny, i just heard a noise similar to that on my 16' and was about to make another thread. But i will say mine is only now and then and not as loud as that.

Jomax

Reaction score
Nope, still Had it the day I traded it in. If I would’ve kept it, I was going to move the upper fuel filter to the frame and get rid of the quick connect lines, as I was using the H&S spin in filter.

All I know is the whine doesn’t cause any damage, truck had 125k miles and didn’t skip a beat the whole time I owned it.

StrokedKR

Reaction score
Update, anyone figure this out? H&S fuel filter housing didn't fix it, greasing the fittings didn't fix it.

And when I brought it to ford, of course it wasn't there...

Fuel pressure regulator?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.