Resurgence of a F100

6speedsd

Reaction score
Been quite a while since I posted here...

Truck has been running/driving flawlessly all summer long. Have been sitting here lately trying to plan out a crown vic front clip swap for this winter, when it happens. I think my C4 is about to take a dump
...or already has. Been shifting fine, but all of a sudden it begins to start off in 2nd all the time, and has a loooooong delay shifting to 3rd. Just assumed it was a stuck valve in the VB. Pulled all that apart today and everything is clean, however the pan has a nasty film in the bottom and the fluid smells like old gear oil. Now, it won't shift out of 1st. Well it tries but just slips. I readjusted the intermediate band, and double checked the modulator but neither helped at all. All that nastiness in the pan has me worried. Never felt the thing slip until now...all.shifts have always been firm.and crisp...so I'm not sure why it's so nasty in there. Only thing I haven't done is pull the tail housing and clean the governor. I think the trans needs going through again which blows because I just put a full B&M kit in it about 6000-7000 miles ago. Maybe I fudged up on my clearances or something. I guess I need to check pressure to make sure the pump isn't what's failing. If I have to go through this thing again, I'm ditching it for a manual trans. I need more than 3 forward gears anyways, and I've been wanting to convert it for a while now.

It's never ending I tell ya!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online