AKF250 Alaska Build - (650-700HP BUILD)

akf250

Reaction score
Recommended Tuners

You should get some good tuning instead of that PPEI chit

What is your recommended tuner for the EZLYNK instead of PPEI?

Would I mention anything specific or just mention my mods and go from there?

Can you have two "Technicians" on a EZLYNK at once?

sootie

Reaction score
What is your recommended tuner for the EZLYNK instead of PPEI?

Would I mention anything specific or just mention my mods and go from there?

Can you have two "Technicians" on a EZLYNK at once?

Well seeing as PPEI now no longer supports race tuning, you are forced to change. And yes, you can have multiple technicians on one device. I would give No Limit a holler and see what they have to offer. Mention your mod list.

akf250

Reaction score
NEW BADGES

Hey Everyone!

Got some photos of my new badges I got built by Billet Badges.

Been waiting for while, around 6 months from design to arrival.

I drew this design out about 8 years ago and it came out better than I could have ever imagined.

Attachments

• CAMPER.jpg
    CAMPER.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
  • SIDE BADEGE.jpg
    SIDE BADEGE.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 100
  • BACK BADGE.jpg
    BACK BADGE.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 96
  • TRUCK.jpg
    TRUCK.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 93

akf250

Reaction score
Badges

Those are sweet! What did something like that cost?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

$835 for the custom side badges and custom rear badge

Doing less colors is cheaper I believe

akf250

Reaction score
Hello Again Army,

Been having fun with the truck. Its been running great on the highway and hauling my truck bed camper with a boat behind it no problem. Temps are great, sounds good, pulls great on hills, etc.

But unloaded, I have been having a issue with Abrupt Wide Open Throttle pulls since I completed the build.

If I ease into a Wide Open Throttle pull I have 0 issues and the truck pulls hard.

If I do a abrupt boosted launch or lets say I have it on the dyno and I am trying to get a number, it falls on its face and runs really rough at 3/4 throttle and on. The motor shakes until I let off the throttle and then everything cleans right back up and I have no problem.

What could be causing the issue?

A mis-performing injector or HPFP? Reset Adaptive Tables?

Trucks got a FASS 165, a brand new stock HPFP, Fuel Bowl ******, and all the injectors were sent to Oregon Injection to get bench tested (stock tips/stock fuel)

I ******d the Fuel Cooler but this issue occurs even when fuel is below 70 degrees.

I am getting no codes at all and no irregularities in the injector contribution test when revving the engine ( I have not done Wide Open Throttle passes while analyzing a injector contribution test yet)

Thoughts?

sootie

Reaction score
sound like dropping rail pressure. does it do this on all tunes or only on the hots ones.

akf250

Reaction score
Tuning

sound like dropping rail pressure. does it do this on all tunes or only on the hots ones.

Non-Hot Tunes? What are those for? Haha just kidding

No, I haven't tried any lower tunes yet, would be a good test. My goal is to get it running good on the hot tunes of course. Guess I'm just confused as to why I am having these issues with the exact same fuel system and the same level tune that I had before the build. All I did was add a lot more air and free'd up air flow.

Could it be?

FASS pump adjustments?
Fuel Bowl Regulated Return Adjustments?

Don't see any external fuel leaks and if I had some form of fuel leak under pressure I am sure I would have noticed fuel in my oil by now.

Latest posts

Members online