CCV vacuum and routing

Roccafellas

Reaction score
So upon spending hours on research ive come to learn that doing a CCV mod and routing it to atmosphere is ineffective and actually does not let the crank case pressure release and ive read multiple stories of oil leaks disappearing when they put it back to stock.. or a vacuum..

So my question is with my new build im doing.. I want to put it back to a vacuum.. BUT its hot air. If rather it not go back into the intake.. does that really effect performance? Would you really notice a difference if that bit of crankcase gasses was not introduced into the intake?

Basically what im saying is the CCV actually that bad im asking for the professionals, actual techs and shop owners.. should I just put it back into the intake will that little bit of warm gas harm my performance.. and is the oil really enough to sludge anything up? I change my oil every 5000 kilometres not miles (Canada)

And if so

Has anyone routed a CCV to the exhaust? Is that enough of a vacuum? Under load would it be too much? And if so, how would I go about that? Running a plastic hose with a metal pipe fitting at the end welded into my DP??

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive got mine routed to my exhaust, routed a couple of buddy's to their exhaust, and routed my boss's to the exhaust. I prefer running it to the exhaust so there isnt any smell/smoke. Mine has been in the exhaust for about 80k miles with no issues

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
What these guys said. I’d listen. I’d do a ccv ******, run down to a catch can and then out to a Venturi in the ex. I’ve never had issues with this, no leaks etc and I’ve run this on every diesel I’ve had. Running to the ex with a correct angled Venturi like the no limit piece will keep the fumes away as well.

Latest posts

Members online