Reaction score
Here is my 900hp+ build list

- Carrillo rods
- HD pistons
- Stock head porting
- Upgraded valve train
- BD exhaust manifolds
- No Limit intercooler
- Triple turbos, bullseye power 366/71/1.01 high pressure 2 362/71/1.01 low pressure
- II dragonfire
- Elite 110 injectors
- Dirty Diesel ported rails
- Fass 260gph(was airdog 165 when dynoed)
- Custom tuned by myself based off H&S HD300

Last year it made 914hp at 65psi, draining fuel rails because of my airdog that was only supplying 5psi to the hpfp. Anything with a pulse width over 1.7 and it couldn't maintain pressure.

Now that I have my low pressure fixed and better timing in my tune I'd assume there is a fair amount gained.

This set up has 18,000kms on it and drives great.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I think you are tapped in the hpfp area not the low pressure side. 5psi is plenty to keep a k16 happy.

Kind

Reaction score
I think you are tapped in the hpfp area not the low pressure side. 5psi is plenty to keep a k16 happy.

Unlikely. Not when there have been guys with a dragonfire feeding 150 injectors without issues.

As well when I first got my airdog I had no problem supplying 15psi to the hpfp and last year I had the airdog turned right up, the elite regulator turned right up and still couldn't get past 5psi. Even if 5psi was enough odds are the airdog wasn't functioning properly.

What evidence do you have 5psi can keep a dragonfire with elite 110 injectors happy... Especially when others have proven supplying 15-20psi makes a difference? Not trying to be a dick, serious question.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
All a K16 needs is positive pressure. There is a small transfer pump built into the hpfp that actually feeds it. I think the factory regulator is set for like 3psi.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Unlikely. Not when there have been guys with a dragonfire feeding 150 injectors without issues.

Especially when others have proven supplying 15-20psi makes a difference? Not trying to be a dick, serious question.

Who has proven that running higher feed pressure to the hpfp makes a difference?

madman1234509

Reaction score
I've heard people say higher pressure like 15-20 is better, but others say it isn't, and could actually hurt the pump. Factory pressure is wicked low, so I'm not sure what benefit is to be had running at 20psi. I've never seen evidence that higher pressure is better or worse, but people run pressures all over the place, so probably anything in the range your shooting for will work.

First thing on your list should be to dump the Airdog and having two regulators in line with each other and get one good pump with the single regulator on your distribution block or whatever you have under the hood.

Also, Im not sure what 110hp nozzles or 150hp nozzles equate to, but people drain rail pressure with a dragonfire and 60% nozzles.

Keep up the progress Kind, Ive always loved your set up and hope have something similar one day!

Latest posts

Members online