6.4 TCM Failures

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Hey H&S guru's

How many users do we have on here that have had a TCM die on them? Maybe not with H&S product but just TCM info in general. We have a stock truck that just burnt a few circuits on the board with no tuning at all which has got my gears going on this now....

- With my stock TCM file that the H&S unit saved, does anyone know if I can load that file through the H&S into the used TCM I am receiving or do I need to visit Ford and have them do it with the IDS and factory maps?
- If the above won't work, do I need to revert to stock for Ford to do the flash without ruining the current map that is in there on the good module?

Thanks! I'm sure there will be more soon. Just want to have this spare TCM i am picking up flashed and ready to drop in if I am stranded on the highway somewhere.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
I've wondered about this as well. I've been afraid to change tunes in fear of frying the tcm and it leaving me dead in the water. I'd love to pick up a spare but I'm unsure it would work without getting the dealer to program it. Hopefully someone can shed some more light on this.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Tuning really shouldnt fry anything, you arent really chaning hardware or changing voltages ect when you do it, my race truck has been flashed probably 200 times in the last year, maybe more with no issues. The most important thing is to make sure battery voltage is good so you dont loose communication while in the middle of a flash, but even then they can be recovered in most cases.

When you get the new tcm you will need to have it flashed with ids

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Ya I have no idea why this TCM went, driving hit a small pot hole truck threw TCM codes and this is the result... Bone stock 2009

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• tapaupload0.jpg
    tapaupload0.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 164

Dzchey21

Reaction score
from what i have heard moisture and loose connections are the main culprit in ecm/tcm failures

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Plugged one module in from junkyard, unknown year same markings, got a CEL above 50k, sent to dealer for flash, no change in driving or CEL. Plugged another module in from diff place from same year truck (09), no CEL and no programming, functions fine. Connections looked clean and felt tight but going to double check at a better time when we can clean them up a little more as its working again now. More 6.4 fun :)

Lasor1

Reaction score
Got a 10 6.4 with a sct tuner batteries went dead and it throws a p0607 code pcm. I replaced batteries checked all connections reflashed back to stock and then custom tune still get p0607 code. It runs fine but every once in a while it seems to shift funny or like I have no throttle response for a second when accelerating. Could this be a tcm or pcm problemand how could I determine which one it could be. And could you buy a tcm and plug and play or does it need to be reprogrammed through a dealer thanks

Black AOD

Reaction score
I went through a TCM and a PCM when I still had mine. Not sure if tuning fried them or what...My PCM was actually causing my Rail Pressure to fluctuate

mac89

Reaction score
So, if I had a used TCM that matches up to a job1 truck, I can just plug it in and load my program on?

Racer71

Reaction score
I flashed one for another shop last week. Truck was 100% stock, had starting setting module performance codes.

mac89

Reaction score
Put it and loaded my tune before starting it as my truck is fully deleted. Fired right up and shifts worked great.

Latest posts

Members online